• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

cucvrus

Friday lunch time. You may have a long wait till some else gets there. That is a desolate place out in the middle of no where. My Son and I are coming up on Friday night just for a look/see and then we will return with our trucks bright and early Saturday morning. We are going out just as soon as we can get registered and plan on staying out all day. We plan on doing both sides of the road if possible. The other side of the road has some awesome rock climbs and mud holes that I was able to do with Terminus M1009. The 5 tons are a hoot and you will be amazed at the capability of such a large truck in the tight terrain areas of the trails. The 5 tons are also very handy to help out the .75 ton M1009 and anything else on the trail. See you there. Bring a clean pair of pants if you scare easy. See you up the creek. No paddles required. No whiners please. This is NOT a Steel Soldiers sponsored trip. So you are free to travel with who ever you wish to travel with.

shenkmen

My son and me will be there Friday about lunch time and for the weekend, we are ready to have fun. Two M931 5 Tons
Planning on being at Rausch around 3pm Friday.
Lukes_deuce will be there with his 5 ton around 3. I'll be up around 5.

Could you (or whoever gets there first) help the group out and grab our regular spot as show in the attached pic? Leaving a few spots in between trucks to reserve spaces has worked out well in the past.

RC camp site parking.jpg

m715

I always miss the fun,my m35 needs another week of work.I used to go to where n/h/ with my m725 this sounds like more good times.

shenkmen

Weather is looking decent for Saturday. Some wind and a very small chance of rain.

Saturday

20 % Precip. / 0 in
Windy. Cloudy skies will become partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 56F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Saturday Night
0 % Precip. / 0 in
Partly cloudy skies. Low 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

shenkmen

All ready to go me and pop will be there Friday afternoon ready to ripe in owr five ton monsters can't wait
Hey, I just learned I drove your truck home from Indiantown Gap for the previous owner. Heck, I helped PaFarmer put the bed too. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Joehop

We'll be there early Saturday morning, I'm driving my 931 Dump and we're trailering the 998. Another guy is supposed to meet up on the way with his 932, so maybe 3 mvs total. We will be there just for Saturday.

cucvrus

Joe will you let me drive the HMMWV?:) Do you need any of the big rubber mud flaps? And also I have a ton of freebie tail lamps. They are not military but they are great for trailers trucks and the likes. Many have the amber turn signal on them. Let me know. That goes for anyone else. I can bring the trailer up Friday. I have an old oak wooden trailer floor I just removed from a 30 ft utilty trailer. It is 2" thick boards and dry as it can get. It will make a lot of heat.[thumbzup]

shenkmen

And also I have a ton of freebie tail lamps. They are not military but they are great for trailers trucks and the likes. Many have the amber turn signal on them. Let me know. That goes for anyone else.
I could use a couple of sets of the trailer lights. How about one set with amber and one without?

XchaosX

I'll be there, I guess Mikey isn't going. Just got a ton of work done on the truck. Debating on bringing my son, might be a little too young yet.

cybrockway

Lukes_deuce will be there with his 5 ton around 3. I'll be up around 5.

Could you (or whoever gets there first) help the group out and grab our regular spot as show in the attached pic? Leaving a few spots in between trucks to reserve spaces has worked out well in the past.

View attachment 649784
Well be there Friday afternoon. I'll help spread the lot out as they come in like last year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cucvrus

DSCF2057.jpgDSCF2058.jpgThis is a picture I just took 5 minutes ago. I got WOOD. It is all seasoned oak boards 2" think. I will be up to deliver the goods in the evening. I hope about the same time as now. Fast forward 24 hours. Am I there yet? I left room for 60 mudflaps and about 10 sets of tail lamps. Same rule as spring 2016. The trailer goes home with me empty and that is the deal. Not like your going to have a problem with that. I loaded it. Some one else is unloading it. Deal? See ya later. Drive safe. And check your lug nuts. I heard Killer Clowns are out in full force. You may want to allow a little extra time on the I 81 N side. it is still under construction from about MM 98 to the Rausch Creek exit. I was by the creek today and will be by it twice tomorrow before I come up with the CUCV. I seen a few Jeeps heading that way. Good Luck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks