• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

cucvrus

I was just up at the Rausch Creek parking lot at 1400. All is well. The men have staged a parking area for the rest of you guys. It was NOT raining at the time I was there at the park but I think 30 minutes later it was. I have a bit of rain fall 35 miles to the south of Rausch Creek. Five miles north of Rausch Creek the sky's opened up and it was 0 visibility the CUCV was squealing the belts. The water at the cross ways was up to the center of the wheels. And I 81 N was a parking lot on the way up thru the cattle chutes. Good Luck drive safe se you back up there with some wood in an hour or 2. South bound I 81 thru the chutes was slow and steady.

cybrockway

Well, parking was not an issue until a few minutes ago. 4 Jeep , uh guys in handles, will not move. So pull in and pack around them...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

XchaosX

I'm out, truck starting get too hot on the way down. Had to limp back home. New radiator too as my last one started leaking just before the spring rally.

cucvrus

Kampfgruppe B left formation early and set out on a wild adventure. After a full day of wheeling and spinning in mud we only logged 31 miles on the trails. And the bulging right rear tire on Terminus M1009 never failed. And neither did Terminus M1009. A few tough spots for a stock M1009 caught me and hung me up. But for the most part I wheeled with the big boys in my stock M1009 with bad tires and NO lift kit.DSCF2072.jpgDSCF2079.jpgDSCF2078.jpgDSCF2077.jpgDSCF2076.jpgDSCF2075.jpgDSCF2074.jpgDSCF2073.jpgDSCF2071.jpgDSCF2080.jpgIt was a cool blustery day. In the woods you hardly noticed it but the parking lot was a cold ,damp , windy place. I hope I left enough wood to last the night. The rain on Friday night was relentless and it made a few people pack in Saturday and head for home. That was on our schedule every day. We need to get together earlier in the fall and later in the spring to get some better more comfortable weather. But I wheel here when ever and being you only need 2 vehicles it is available to everyone year round. These are the crudest campsites I have ever seen. They are in a water trough of rock and mud. Kampfgruppe B had a great day. We came back to the lot and picked up a few groups as they arrived through out the day and we all ended the day on a positive note. A few items broke and were relatively easy fixes. And Terminus M1009 made it back home on the bad tire. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you did not make it. Maybe next time. Maybe NOT. Rausch Creek is not for everyone.

cucvrus

DSCF2082.jpgDSCF2088.jpgDSCF2087.jpgDSCF2086.jpgDSCF2085.jpgDSCF2084.jpgDSCF2083.jpgDSCF2090.jpgDSCF2081.jpgDSCF2089.jpg
More fun from the the B group. I stayed out of the deep water this time. Up to the bottom of the rocker panels was my limit this trip. I seemed to keep a more comfortable truck that way. We did miss the JPG M1010 this trip. IMHO the power line on the up side got a bit rougher. And a few of them big mud holes got a lot bigger. It will definitely kill a few Jeeps that were in them in the past and return to try again. A 5 ton has a tendency to dig it a bit deeper. But the 5 ton did not get stuck in a mud hole that covered the tires. The mud hole was posted winch vehicles only. He didn't need any stinkin winch. He went thru it like nothing. Lake Christy. Well lets just say a little tug from 2 - 5 tons were needed to unstuck the 5 ton tractor. But that is all part of the game.

cucvrus

DSCF2103.jpgDSCF2109.jpgDSCF2108.jpgDSCF2107.jpgDSCF2106.jpgDSCF2105.jpgDSCF2104.jpgDSCF2101.jpgDSCF2102.jpgDSCF2110.jpg
This is the mud hole I was referring to in the previous post. Some one that went thru that mud hole last time will be in for a shocker the next time they try. It is much deeper. Same goes for the center of the lake. Gruppe B has left it's mark and we kicked butts and took names. It was a great day.

Last edited:

cucvrus

DSCF2121.jpgDSCF2120.jpgDSCF2122.jpgDSCF2123.jpgFrom Kampfgruppe B.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS. See you next time. I came home with a bit of mud on my shoes and a dirty pair of gloves. Last few pictures are a high flex on Terminus M1009 and a high right as he waves good bye to Raucsh Creek for the day and a low bow to the crowd of on line spectators from the left side. Good Night.

cucvrus

I really thought someone else was going to post more pictures and some short video's. I seen nothing from the other groups. I never seen any of them the whole day and we were moving for 9 hours. Going forward we are calling our group Kampfgruppe B. We did a bit of struggling but nothing that totally shut us down. And don't forget to share the part about the lowly CUCV M1009 saving the big 5 ton tractor with the help of 1 bolt. :0. I am glad you had fun. I wish you could have made it over to the east lot. We wheeled till dark and then headed back home. I think we left enough firewood for everyone. We started a fire 2 times when we returned for other drivers that arrived late and kept the fire going so it was good when everyone returned. I cut some of the wood but I was not going to cut up all the nice 4 X 4's I brought. I also invited anyone from other outside groups to help them selves to the firewood. There was plenty to go around. Glad you had a good time. Contact me anytime you want to go. We do NOT have to wait for a Steel Soldiers event to wheel. We can go anytime. Just let me know when. No whiners we are there to wheel. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks