• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$25 Mudflap Install

70deuce

Installed mudflaps on the M998. Used one NAPA 24 by 18 plain black truck mudflap cut in half and a $5 dollar pre-drilled strip of angle steel mounted to the two bolts securing the light guards protecting the rear light wiring connectors. Very easy install. Did have to round off the square corner after cutting the flap in half. Razor knife did the cutting.

Attachments

Lawdog734

Looks good, but they don't appear to offer enough protection for keeping debris from being kicked up. I believe that most states require 6-8" from the ground or enough protection to keep degree from being thrown back at a certain predetermined angle. I suppose it's better than nothing at all though......

70deuce

Lawdog I agree on the length. Its a start At least I have the mounting brackets installed. I am going to look for 24 to 30 inch length flaps (will measure from the ground) to get something in the range you stated. Figured I would get something on there for now.

Royalpower

Looks good, but they don't appear to offer enough protection for keeping debris from being kicked up. I believe that most states require 6-8" from the ground or enough protection to keep degree from being thrown back at a certain predetermined angle. I suppose it's better than nothing at all though......
Good info to know. I do agree that it would look nicer if it was slightly wider and slightly longer. No matter what, it's better than what I had :).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks