• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a Diamond T ?

zanther

Data plate is pretty goofed up and per the door decal it was used as a drilling Co truck after service. I can't find a model ending in 967.

It's my fathers, located in Western KS and he uses it to lift things, but I'd like to get some TM's for him.

RedTiger.jpgRTDataPlate2.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They also made a wrecker.
[h=1]Diamond-T 969A 4 ton, 6x6 Wrecker[/h]http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_diamondt.php

zanther

Yeah it looks like someone modified an International bed to fit, I'll keep digging, but even the winch frame looks the same design.. it's a crappy photo that I enlargedInternational.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Portrayal Press has all the manuals. They will apply to the wartime trucks, but the design did not change much.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Another Ahab

NovacaineFix

They have an old Diamond T at the (sort of) local transportation museum here. It's actually in Campo, CA, about an hours drive for me. Lot's of cool trucks and equipment and some military ones as well.

If you're in the San Diego area or close by and want to see some interesting vehicles, it's free (donations accepted). Everything is outside, so plan accordingly.

This Diamond T hauls a load up to 170,000 lbs, oh my!

Diamond T.jpg
Diamond T 2.jpg

dmetalmiki

What a fantastic looking truck..and so worthy of a restoration back to 'service order'. You must BOTH join the site and hobby..Then seriously consider a resto'.

Another Ahab

What a fantastic looking truck..and so worthy of a restoration back to 'service order'. You must BOTH join the site and hobby..Then seriously consider a resto'.
Absolutely. And then document that in a thread:
- You won't imagine how many people on-board here would eat that up (and I'll be first in-line). :drool::drool::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks