• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1944 Federal 606 C2 Wrecker

Another Ahab

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ex NASA, that's pretty cool. I work at the Kennedy Space Center. Did they come from Houston ? No funds right now but I may be interested later.

You can probably tell from my garage that I used to work Space Shuttle.

View attachment 642027
Got any of those Endeavor flags looking for a good home? I was fortunate to get a walk (and crawl) through the Endeavor when she was in the hangar.

Attachments

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Got any of those Endeavor flags looking for a good home? I was fortunate to get a walk (and crawl) through the Endeavor when she was in the hangar.
Jeff, I spent a lot of time on Endeavour between 2000 and 2011. I was the lead mechanic in the OPF High Bay 2 Aft Shop, we were responsible for everything in the rear part of the orbiter except for the engines. I had the best job in the world, too bad it had to end. Sorry, I don't have any flags !

IMG_3237.JPG Jeff in Endeavour aft penthouse.JPG OMS Pod Lift 1 3rd from right.jpg IMG_3577.JPG

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I spent a lot of time on Endeavour between 2000 and 2011. I was the lead mechanic in the OPF High Bay 2 Aft Shop, we were responsible for everything in the rear part of the orbiter except for the engines. I had the best job in the world, too bad it had to end. Sorry, I don't have any flags !

View attachment 860792 View attachment 860793 View attachment 860794 View attachment 860795
You were there when I visited. The team leader on the inspection team I was with had a brother (IIRC) who worked there. A truly memorable experience!

On your truck, I can’t imagine running one of these old trucks. I look forward to your build!

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I should have known in 2014 you were there in Florida. After the GA rally, I hitched a ride with Kenny down to Florida, and visited my nephews, one of them living in Daytona Beach and the other one in New Smyrna Beach. I could have helped with the wreckers, or at least look them over. aua aua

We are trying to get over to a large blacksmith meeting near Dallas (TX) early May and maybe visit FL afterwards, but after COVID now the Ukraine war might block it, getting funding for air tickets is getting impossible, and flight tickets might go through the roof. Again, auaauaaua

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Jeff, I should have known in 2014 you were there in Florida. After the GA rally, I hitched a ride with Kenny down to Florida, and visited my nephews, one of them living in Daytona Beach and the other one in New Smyrna Beach. I could have helped with the wreckers, or at least look them over. aua aua

We are trying to get over to a large blacksmith meeting near Dallas (TX) early May and maybe visit FL afterwards, but after COVID now the Ukraine war might block it, getting funding for air tickets is getting impossible, and flight tickets might go through the roof. Again, auaauaaua
If you make it back to the U.S. you are more than welcome to visit.

I didn't have the wreckers in 2014 so you didn't miss anything lol !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks