• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maximum over drive Chevy Tug

I knew what truck you had before I even opened the thread! I've seen a few of those for sale lately. Those ZF axles are super tuff. They're used mostly in all terrain forklifts and boy can they take a beating! I'm assuming by the tittle you probably want to go a little faster in it.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew what truck you had before I even opened the thread! I've seen a few of those for sale lately. Those ZF axles are super tuff. They're used mostly in all terrain forklifts and boy can they take a beating! I'm assuming by the tittle you probably want to go a little faster in it.
It is definitely heavy duty. I have given up hope of it going any faster. It's maxing out with the 46" tires on it. The title is just derived from the movie from 86, where the machines turn on the people!

Special T

They look like Carrera axles. If they are they are of European make and are found in most 4wd backhoes and some lighter duty all terrain forklifts. Awesome score!

Special T

Where have you seen them and how much?

Maple Leaf Eh

Its a MB4 air craft tug. Four wheel steering planetary ZF axles. So it did not start as a cucv but is similar.
I recall seeing a homemade farm truck based on a WW2 Canadian Military Pattern 15 hundredweight that had two steering axles for going around trees in the maple sugar bush. Not sure how he got the rotations correct.

sweetk30

just a idea . .. what if you could get a range box ( front half of a np203 full time ) and flip it around and use the 2.0 to 1 reduction as a 1 to 2.0 to give you more speed ?

you would have to have a few parts made but could be done .

nice to see someone try and play with these trucks.

CUCVLOVER

I've seen this awesome truck. I would have driven vary fast in some sketchy stuff down some sketchy roads and would not want more speed in that thing. It is awesome and I would have loved to watch it off road but I don't think speed is its strong suit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks