• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Be careful with tires on GP.

zanther

I wont 2 lots of 4 each tires 2 on Aug 24. Had some scheduling issues with the yard picking up the tires and so wasn't able to get them until Friday 9/2.

Took a cursory look at the yard on a gloomy Seattle day and loaded them up in the Deuce bed and headed home. As I was unloading them at home, I started noticing issues. I stopped inspecting at 4 of 8 ruined tires.
Knowing they're used, I'm not incredibly worried about tread depth (regroovable) or even nails through the tread. These are cuts in the sidewall that go most of the way through and thus makes these tires unusable.

Emailed GP and got the following response.....

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your tires. I do see in the pictures there is visible damage to these tires. Also, an important piece to note is, per our IronClad Assurance Policy within our terms and conditions:

" A deductible in the amount of USD/CAD/EUR 750.00 will be applied to any settlement of a Dispute Claim." That is a per item deductible.

With that being said, these items only cost $400 and $450. Again very sorry to hear about the difficulties with these items.
Thanks,

So my understanding is:

Effectively it's a crapshoot on whether your tires will be usable and with the noted deductible, you're SOL even if the entire lot is junk. Now they retail for $800 each so even if you get 1 tire that's usable you're still getting a "deal" , if you can call it that.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Edited: Your links have been deleted. Please post actual pictures, instead.

From our rules, about linking:
Please consider the following regarding linking:
• Do not link to password protected websites that the rest of the membership cannot access.

Last edited by a moderator:

Special T

Pictures are only available with an account. I thought here in Washington Government Liquidators was the one selling lots off of JBLM?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, no better than GL with them...

Someone will be along soon to tell the horror story of shipping a dozen tires from GL to find they all were sidewall blowouts.

FloridaAKM

No, mine is not a horror story, but a good one. I won the auction (GL) for 4 NOS tires 9:00 x 20 for my Deuce for spares within 50 miles of home. Floridianson picked them up as he was headed that way for a look see on something else. The tires are great & came with flaps to boot, just no tubes. Having seen some great looking tires & then hearing the after action report from auctions, I steer clear of tires unless personally viewing them. Sorry to hear of the disasters some folks face on receiving trashed tires after an expensive delivery fee on top of all else!

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's how it was when I purchased tires with gl. They looked good in the pictures, and got blown out sidewalls and tons of other issues. But at the prices I paid it was still good with the tires that weren't destroyed.

04mustang

I had a similar issue with GL. I won a lot of 5 hmmwv tires on 24 bolt rims. 2 of the tires had sidewall blowouts. one of those was not a blowout but rather a fork lift sized gash in the sidewall. The photos looked great, the problem was they put the 2 bad ones on the top of the stack and turned them over so you couldn't see it.

Honestly trashed tires like that shouldn't be going through GL they should go to a tire recycling center somewhere off base. but that's just my opinion.

Gunzy

I picked up 13 9.00X20s and got lucky. They were all used except one brand new one, and that had a forklift puncture. At least the other 12 were good and there were 7 flaps and 5 tubes. Yes, tires are a BIG hit/miss deal at any site.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly trashed tires like that shouldn't be going through GL they should go to a tire recycling center somewhere off base. but that's just my opinion.
From what I've been told that's a separate contract, and which scrapper they go to (GL or other) depends if they have rims on them or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks