• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting Sight at Ft. Polk

Madmedic

Was at Ft. Polk yesterday making a pick up, and saw an interesting sight. (didn't have my camera with me,,, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa)

Lined up against the wall of their building at DRMO, there were 20+ 4 wheelers, various Manufacturers, all with standard civilian colors. Most looked to be be Honda, Yamaha, or Polaris, in the 500cc Range. All were extremely well used/trashed.

The INTERESTING part, was that about 1/2 of them had Angle Iron Wire Cutters, welded onto the fronts of them. Exactly the same way the U.S. Army did with Jeeps in WWII.

If anyone else, gets a chance to go out there, take a camera and get a pict!!!!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing you did not take pics. That is a big no'no!

They do a lot of opposing force training before shipping folks to the sand box. They have whole simulated villages. I have seen a bunch of civy painted cucv's for training. I suspect those atv's are part of the bad guy force.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could also be for the O/Cs so they can get around the battlefield. the wire cutter is probably as much for trees and brush as it is for wires.

Also, never take a photo on base of equipment/gates/buildings unless you get permission.

Madmedic

Sorry, should have clarified. The ATV's were in the DRMO yard, next to their main bldg. Picts are allowed there. And I asked the GL lady working with me, she confirmed they came back from Afghanistan. She also said they'd been used by JRTC after getting back here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks