• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Big Model Ships

jasonjc

I remember as a kid I man in my town had a battleship that he sailed around the harbor in. I think the main guns were water guns also.

Another Ahab

I saw a photo once of a guy operating a large scale battleship or cruiser, from inside the ship.

I noodled around for a photo like that but can't find one.
I remember as a kid I man in my town had a battleship that he sailed around the harbor in. I think the main guns were water guns also.
Finally.

That darn Google; you got to noodle around with it until you find just the right word combination.

That pic I saw was probably from like 30-40 years ago, but I KNEW I had seen it:

- The wording "Manned Model Ships" seemed to work. Apparently it's a thing.

Here's a pic.

manned.jpg

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at a modeler's show in Detroit some years ago where I saw a model WWII German U-boat about 4' long that shot actual working torpedoes (no warhead though!). Wish I had a camera with me.

Another Ahab

I was at a modeler's show in Detroit some years ago where I saw a model WWII German U-boat about 4' long that shot actual working torpedoes (no warhead though!). Wish I had a camera with me.
I like the Detroit airport where they have that mind-blowing computerized water fountain in the terminal.

Is it still there? I wonder.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks