• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Hobart Navy Welder

youngunbd

I bought a Hobart welder off craigslist recently. Normally Miller's literature department can send me a manual on the unit, but since it was a navy contract, they're hands off

I am trying to find a manual so I can get the front stickers remade and make sure the wiring is correct, I am repainting the welder to match the truck it is going on and need to sand the face plate and remove the rust. Other than that, 100% duty cycle 300 amps is hard to argue with for $600!!

If the photos are too hard to read, Model MA-300-G
Serial 82WS08604
year 1982
USN 51-76643

Hobart tag
spec 6525-1
Model 300G

IMG_20160812_170318773.jpgIMG_20160812_170345875.jpg

Last edited:

youngunbd

I have searched and have viewed all of those links

As the one suggested emailing Miller literature department, I already have, they can't help since it was a navy unit

Info for the MA-300-G is sparse

Jericho

Is there a call out for the Tech Order, Tech Manual Naviar pub on the unit anywhere I have one very similar , Army Unit , likely older, What is it powered by ?

Jericho

Mine runs a Kaiser F head 4. (jeep) if you have a ford its likely early 60s mid seventies ? The basic wiring is easy to trace , just get it on a sheet of paper and figure it out, multi meter is your friend lol

MatthewH

Contact Hobart directly. Even though its military, and they no longer support the unit, they will have a pdf file of the original owners manual.
Went threw the same thing with the Hobart welder/genny out of my Dodge M887, sent them an email, couple days later had a pdf file, which included wiring schematics'

youngunbd

Contacting Hobart directly worked! It wasn't for the exact spec welder I had but is close enough to get me going!

There is an odd wire from the resistor for the coil going directly to the battery from the previous owner... No wonder it didn't want to shut off on its own!

Time to tune the little Ford up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks