• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53's on an LMTV

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't really understand what you mean Suprman. The axle is not going to move when I install the 16r20's, so wouldn't the center of the wheel be in the same relation with the frame and cab when I install the larger tire? So my measurement (at about 26.5") is representative of where the 53" tire will sit inside the front wheel well.

CoachGeo, if my math is right. the 3.07 is a 127% jump from 3.90 ratio. If that was applied to the tire height, it would be the same as going from the 46" tire to a 58.42" tire. So the 53" seems to be somewhere in the middle, certainly will add more rolling weight than gears.

Dont think “above”, think front and back of tire. When you turn the tire the large diameter tire will have a longer swing on the front and trailing sides. So turn your current tire full lock. If you meausre from the front inside edge, horizontally from the ground midway up the tire, to 3.5” (half the difference of 46-53) you will see what you will hit. Do the same at the rear of the tire after turning full lock the other direction.

luckypjs20

Hello Do you have any issues with the front tires touching anything?
Thanks
Not any more but I moved steps up so the top of them is level with the bumper and trimmed the front fenders and cut the cab bag mounts you could get away with doing less if you aren't going to off road it but mine gets used

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks