• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wc 12 or 13?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished looking at a Dodge WC 12 or 13 I think? I should have looked at David D. book before I went to look at it rather than after! They want very little for it but I just don't have a need. I told them to call me if it comes down to scrapping it.

SAM_0634.jpgSAM_0636.jpgSAM_0630.jpgSAM_0633.jpgSAM_0635.jpgSAM_0638.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That last ran maybe 40 years ago. I'm with PB, didn't the early trucks have the civi instrument cluster still?

gerrykan

From what little I know about them,
The motor could be original(there appears to still be a governor under the carb).
The entire truck looks fairly unmolested.

If the winch is original, they used to be sought after, not sure of current demand.

Good rear fenders are always in demand for these trucks.

Jeeagle

If you can get the T number off the engine that would basically confirm it. But with the Military gauges, open cab, winch, my best guess is a WC-22 T215 stamped engine. Should have larger real brakes 14 in vs the 11 in the front.

We have two WC Series Dodge 1/2 tons at work. One is a WC22 and the other a WC24.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If you can get the T number off the engine that would basically confirm it. But with the Military gauges, open cab, winch, my best guess is a WC-22 T215 stamped engine. Should have larger real brakes 14 in vs the 11 in the front.

We have two WC Series Dodge 1/2 tons at work. One is a WC22 and the other a WC24.
OK...That's not fair!! You can't just say you have them and not show us a pic!:rules:

Jeeagle

OK...That's not fair!! You can't just say you have them and not show us a pic!:rules:

Guess I should have mentioned the WC22 is in pieces with a partially restored frame and axles, and currently I am taking apart the WC24. However I can get some photos tonight and perhaps start a new thread on the WC24 as to not Hijack this one.

Jeeagle

Only because it was asked....

WC24 Command Car. Danish Bringback!
WP_000014.jpg

And the WC-22 before it was put into Storage. I rebuilt the Transmission and Steering box.
WP_001846.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks