• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Usmc m1030b1

Bradyrw625

Finally got bike #3 stripped to the frame.
29q0aol.jpg
Here is a picture of some of the stuff we painted today.
19o480.jpg
11ce2cl.jpg
111kwpg.jpg
We will give it a day to set up and then get into to assembly in a few days. This usually involves trouble shooting, replacing seals / parts, and fluids. The price for Bike 2 has been dropped to $5,200

Last edited:

Bradyrw625

Started getting the bike back together. It’s getting colder here so no more time to ride. This leaves more free time to get this one done. So far the following has been completed.
-Upgraded the subframe bolts to Eagle Mike and red Loctite.
-Replaced the subframe. It looked a bit rusted.
-Replaced the passenger peg mounts and pegs. Looked too rusty as well.
-New Dunlop D606s, Heavy Duty inner tubes, and new rim strips.
-New Air filter
-New Air filter door seal
-New taillight lense seal
-Fork Seals replaced / fork boots replaced with OEM parts
-Greased the pivot, front axle bolt, rear axle bolt, and speedo drive
vywc5u.jpg
2rftqhk.jpg
2nvk9x.jpg
o7ipeg.jpg

Last edited:

Bradyrw625

Got pretty far on bike #3. I noticed that the front sprocket looks a bit rough. I will replace it along with adding the Eagle Mike prevailing torque nut. I got the cooling and electrical pretty much done.
2e5qzbt.jpg
s6oah5.jpg
f3erky.jpg
I also replaced the engine oil line and hardware (wound up busting my knuckle on the fins).
2luutfm.jpg
Once I got the front faring on I noticed that the modified KLR250 mount from Hayes Diversified was bent. I’ll have to get one off the other bikes and work on straightening this one out.
jtwfug.jpg
2l9rwc9.jpg
29dbgj9.jpg
Also hit some trails in the Ouachita Mountains.
ftkcw6.jpg

Bradyrw625

I made some progress on Bike 3 over the last few days. I got the carb in, lower brush guards, engine mounts, put in a new front headlight / fairing bracket, finished wiring all of the harness except the rear taillight, new start switch, handle bars, handle bar brush guard, handle bar controls, and new grips. I’m waiting on a few parts before I can button this up. The stencils, fuel line, and cooling hoses are inbound. I also started getting the tank read by putting in the raptor fuel petcock from Eagle Mike. It will change the fuel from vacuum to direct flow.
bf13dv.jpg
14vqqtv.jpg

Bradyrw625

Finally got the starter lock out switch (clutch safety switch) in. Go the bike to start up. https://youtu.be/xiJNdyHHOD4 The new radiator isn't leaking and the fan comes on as well. The only things left are installing the IMS (original to the M1030B1 new old stock), skid plate, plastics, front black out light, and get the seat reupholstered. I hope to knock is too this weekend and take it or a test ride.

Bradyrw625

I’m pretty much done with bike #3. I just need to reupholster the seat, bleed the brakes, install the mirrors, install the goggle bag, and install the front blackout light. It has the best shock out of all of them and the engine runs and shifts perfectly. I always want to keep these every time I finish one. I have attached the before and not so great lighting after pictures. Once I get everything buttoned up I will get some better pictures to post.
IMG_6349.jpgIMG_6350.jpgIMG_7694.jpgIMG_7697.jpg

Last edited:

Bradyrw625

Almost Done, Again.

I am about finished with the latest bike (bike #3). This will be the fifth bike, as I don't count my buddies or mine. This was the most extensive and expensive rebuild so far. I am currently in the midst of changing the engine hardware out to stainless. I also changed the engine head case. I just got the seat reupholstered, got the front IR light on, Installed the new front fender goggle bag (reproduced from the old original one), and bled the brakes. I just need to fight out 4 more bolts and swap them over to stainless.
aaxsp.jpg
oq96vd.jpg
2dsgv1f.jpg
4vqyxc.jpg
28l5grd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am about finished with the latest bike (bike #3). This will be the fifth bike, as I don't count my buddies or mine. This was the most extensive and expensive rebuild so far. I am currently in the midst of changing the engine hardware out to stainless. I also changed the engine head case. I just got the seat reupholstered, got the front IR light on, Installed the new front fender goggle bag (reproduced from the old original one), and bled the brakes. I just need to fight out 4 more bolts and swap them over to stainless and then it will be for sale.
You called the small bag on the front fender a goggle bag. Did this bag on an M1030B1 contain goggles? I have an M1030M1 diesel and this bag contains tire changing tools and patching materials, along with a small compressed air cylinder for tire inflation.

Bradyrw625

I am going to sell the latest restoration bike in the next week or so. I just need a day when the weather is good to get some good pictures. I went on riding with buddy yesterday in New Mexico to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday. I took out my USMC M1030B1 and had an awesome time.
xla0cg.jpg

Bradyrw625

Finally finished the latest Marine Corps M1030B1 restoration. It’s in better condition then when it was new! Both of the IR lights work as well. I just have to wash it and clean the tank off. I personally ditch the turn signals and mirrors. The next owner can figure it out.
23syi68.jpg

6z60jb.jpg
iei23s.jpg
j0k58i.jpg
14y97qd.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks