• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Usmc m1030b1

42 Scout car

I just bought two M1030B1's. One is a bit of a parts bike. My buddy and I split the total cost and he will get the better of the two bikes. I just need to find a black out light and switch. My bike is missing it but the other one has it. We are going to tear them down and restore them. I'm going with a desert tan paint job with CARC paint.View attachment 645630View attachment 645627View attachment 645628View attachment 645629
I have a rear black out light for it

Bradyrw625

As a Marine, I want to say thank you for preserving this portion of our heritage.

As a motorcycle owner and Marine, this is my 1984 FXST with the paint job my pop put on it in 1994 and it repainted in my beloved Corps colors.

I also took the opportunity presented while the tins were off to paint to completely rewire the old girl, so I know your wiring frustrations!!
This is awesome! I got a total of eight of these USMC bikes and this is the 7th one I've restored. I figured why let them go to waste and of course I've always wanted one. I first saw them on Okinawa, Japan during a off road HMMWV course on the beach. I barely make money restoring these but it is a fun hobby.

Bradyrw625

While waiting on the new seat foam and seat cover, I threw an old one on there. Got the plastics on, the front blackout light, and fender goggle bag. Still don't have power to the rear harness for the tail light / brake light. I do have power in the blue wire for the turn signals. I’m thinking it’s the new ignition switch or maybe the ground still?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Bradyrw625

This is something I’ve used on all of my restorations. On the right side of the bike, behind the plastic, is the muffler. Originally the side plastic had a heat resistant pad. These degrade after awhile so I’ve found a replacement. I’ve attached some pictures. I’ve never had any issues with it. Also throwing up a picture of both of my M1030B1’s together.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is something I’ve used on all of my restorations. On the right side of the bike, behind the plastic, is the muffler. Originally the side plastic had a heat resistant pad. These degrade after awhile so I’ve found a replacement. I’ve attached some pictures. I’ve never had any issues with it. Also throwing up a picture of both of my M1030B1’s together.
View attachment 849943
View attachment 849944
View attachment 849945
Great idea, I am going to reto-fit mine with that Cool It.2018LM(1).jpg

Bradyrw625

In August I tore the wiring harness completely apart. Since Hayes Diversified Technologies spliced into the harness for the Blackout Switch and the front / rear IR lights, the wiring diagram isn’t the greatest. I found a few of the wires cut and not spliced correctly. Long story short the running light and brake light now works! Bike is completely done and I think the LED front headlight is a big improvement. I am keeping this bike so that now I have a green and tan one. It took forever to get this post updated as I had surgery and recovery has been a bitch! Only one more bike to restore and sell. I’ll start on that one in a few months.
8.jpg\1.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg
6.jpg

Bradyrw625

After purchasing the second set of bikes (6) in 2016, I started heavily researching the M1030B1’s. I found that the Rangers had a few (M1030 and M1030B1) and added some modifications. They had a handlebar rifle rack and a headlight modification. They removed the front headlight and added two headlights. One white light and another with an IR cover. My buddy decided to tackle reproducing the mod and did an amazing job on his bike.
15.jpg
16.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1030M1 has a rifle rack across the handlebars. It has rubber Y-shaped holders with a rubber strap across each one. It also came with three RFID units, one on each side and one larger one on the handlebars. I've never seen another M1030M1 with a rifle rack. Mine was definitely USMC use.
Gun Rack.jpgRFID.jpgM1030M1 Right.JPG

Another Ahab

I am keeping this bike so that now I have a green and tan one. It took forever to get this post updated as I had surgery and recovery has been a bitch! running light and brake light Only one more bike to restore and sell. I’ll start on that one in a few months.
Always love your posts, Bradyrw625, and wishing you a full and thorough strong recovery from the surgery.

Keep the posts coming! Good health to you, Brother!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks