• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MB OM314 4 cylinder engine history, how well they run ,parts?

61sleepercab

I have a strange combo , a 1964 Ford F100 2wd pickup powered by a 4 cylinder MB OM314 direct injection diesel engine. Some one shoe horned the engine with an home made adapter plate . The MB runs well but I have to pull start start as the series parallel switch just buzzes. I read somewhere that the engine and its 6 cylinder sister engine was built from 1964 to about 1980 and was in trucks and Unimogs? Any one have any experience with this engine family? Part supplies? Any info helpful.

jharshman01

Did you ever do anything with this truck? I have an unimog with the same engine and thinking I may need to pull it for a replacement. I saw your post and thought I'd see what you did with your unique scenario...

61sleepercab

We have pull started the truck it ran fine with 100psi oil pressure and no death rattles. We have the Bosh 24 volt starter with 9 tooth gear. Is your starter 12 or 24 volt? I want to convert to a 12 volt starter if possible. Any ideas? I like Unimogs but getting too old for the cab climb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks