• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 Weird vibration/noise at idle.

Josh

I bought a M925 last Friday and over the weekend I managed to break to the tach cable. Soon after I noticed a weird vibration/thump sound @ idle. As soon as I give it a little bit of fuel and raise the RPMs by maybe 100 (not exactly sure as tach isnt working, new cable on the way) the noise completely goes away and stays away until the revs drop back to idle. It also doesn't start when I first start the truck, I have to rev it up a bit and let it drop back down to idle to happen. A part of me wants to think its the tach cable, but I'm almost certain there is no way the cable could make this noise. I had also just filled the tank to full for the first time before the noise appeared.. This noise just sounds out of place. I tried to get a recording on my phone, but it would turn out very well. I've been around the 250s a many times and know they can be a "clunky" engine, but this doesn't sound normal.

Its a model A0, but it does have a turbo/larger injectors and a pyro/boost gauge. Is there a normal issue that may cause this? My perusing through the TM's have really seen that, granted I haven't dug super deep yet.

I will attempt to get a better vid/sound byte of it happening tomorrow.

dmetalmiki

Do a walk round with a sound device, Like a rod stethoscope or screwdriver etc,,and try various points to try and isolate the sound.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some noises are normal, listen hard enough and you can hear your mama calling you fat lady sings. If it has good oil pressure and no plumes of smoke out of the oil filler or blow by tube and not hammering from the bottom, run it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks