• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat Goes North

mil alta

Bought this Goat out of Nevada (Las Vegas) but know it was out of West Virginia and Pennsylvania. If anyone knows anything about it like to hear from you. Any info would be appreciated.

Now in the Great White North in Alberta Canada. It is in really great shape. Says it has only 427 miles but .........
Drained the fuel which was like varsol as it had turned but still ran like a charm. From that date stamp on tires they look original.
Came with 4 new ones but need two more. Looking for some other parts.

Also looking at putting a list of states and provinces that currently have M-561's registered in them as here in Alberta they are saying it is a ATV and will only register it as a off-highway vehicle. Am appealing their decision.

DSCN9665.jpgGama Goat 1.jpgIMG_1370.jpgGama Goat 6.jpgDSCN9664.jpg

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Looks like you've been amongst the group for a couple years with only two posts;-) Welcome aboard! Welcome to the Goat herders group. I have an M561 registered and plated for regular highway use. My Goat is listed as a CARGO TRUCK. You've got a great looking truck! PM me for parts you're looking for. I've got a couple parts here and there that I've accumulated in the past 10 months of owning my truck.

Jericho

Add me to you list Two registered in NH USA as trucks, and BOATS , NOt legal to drive in water in NH for a Motor vehical , until I registered as a boat as well

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
That's my old goat.I wish I would have kept it..I bought it from a guy in West Virginia.I painted it.

dmetalmiki

That is one fine looking machine, Well done. As to registering you should be able to declare use, (as) If you only intended to use it as a 'boat' that would be your declared category. So why not try 'Tractor'?

Jericho

Morning Demetalmiki , Registrations in the Usa is very different from state to state, Unlike England there are 50 different DMVs and each states Laws differ, on what can be registered, how, and how much it cost , Its quite diverse, Then add what you know as MOT , SOme states have NONE, some are very inclusive, We have no country wide Inspection, Alaska has None , California had very strict inspections as well as Mass. Some times the requirements are different from county to county and town to town , And forget about your number plate staying the same, It regularly changes completely and there is no rhyme nor reason , You can run tracked vehicals with rubber grousers in Mass as long as the steering wheels are rubber, but step across the state line into New Hampshire and its not legal, UNLESS your registered in Mass and PASSING thru NH, but if your from NH and registered there you can't drive in on the roads at all, Except if your possibly registered as a Construction or farm vehicle then you can go a retricted amount of miles , I know , its as confusing as the gun laws, VT anyone can carry, no permits open or concealed, NH open is legal , concealed $ 10.00 and a must issue permit , MASS , you have a much chance to carry as Santa has a vacation on the 25 of Dec and all three states share common borders Unregistered hand gun in MA 1 year in jail , see ya . other two states its illegal for government to retain your firearms purchase data , no registration. go figure ??!!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Ring Gear Part#

Here is a page from the 353 Detroit diesel engine manual.

Part # 5116301 GEAR, FLYWHEEL RING
It is from 53MPC Detroit Diesel Engine Manual.
I didn't see 53MPC in the TM's, I will see if I can get a copy OK to add there.
I am not up on who the most successful part vendors are.

Hope it helps
Tony

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks