Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: optimizer long block - hummer 24V or cucv 24v

Thanks

Default snorkel welding done now ready for paint

finished the snorkel with the exception of some clean up before paint. The shop did an excellent job on welding the pipe sections. my welding of the mounting tabs are not near as good but definitely structurally sound. The snorkel is firmly attached to the vehicle. At least I know how to use bondo to clean up my not so perfect welds. since the snorkel will be painted to match the truck I can clean it up before paint.
    now I have to order a couple more pipe sections before I can finish the exhaust but it is ready to attach to the snorkel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich
    Galveston, Texas
    85 M1009, 6.5 GEP w/Leroy A-team turbo banks manifold, 4l80e/US shift controller, 205 with ORD Magnum, 4.56 gears, Front - D60 E-locker - 4 inch TC front springs w/zero rate, Rear - 14 bolt D-locker, stock springs ORD shackle flip w/zero rate, 16 inch GM/hutchinson Aluminum double bead locks w 11X39 XZL tires. PSC hydro assist steering.

Thanks

still waiting on the remaining exhaust parts. I need a few more pieces including some flex pipe. the section between the turbo and muffler is going to get about 8 inches of flex pipe.

while I have been waiting I have been working on my trash box/intake transition. it will have four inch pipe from the snorkel into the top and then four inch pipe out the side to the air cleaner. This is mainly for any excess water that gets down the snorkel but it should let any heavy particles fall out of the air flow into the bottom of the box.

I am working on getting it water tight. I was able to get my welder working better, still not the best work but it is better. The wire feed was sticking and not flowing smoothly so I changed to a smaller wire and made some adjustments and now I can run a continuous bead which I could not do before. The plan is to get it sealed to hold water before I put the last side on it and cut the holes for the four inch pipe. It will have pipe all the way to the snorkel and to the air cleaner so I will only need hose clamps and a few inches of rubber hose to connect all of the pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich
    Galveston, Texas
    85 M1009, 6.5 GEP w/Leroy A-team turbo banks manifold, 4l80e/US shift controller, 205 with ORD Magnum, 4.56 gears, Front - D60 E-locker - 4 inch TC front springs w/zero rate, Rear - 14 bolt D-locker, stock springs ORD shackle flip w/zero rate, 16 inch GM/hutchinson Aluminum double bead locks w 11X39 XZL tires. PSC hydro assist steering.

Thanks

Looking good.

Thanks

I have made more progress, work keeps getting in the way and I keep running out of wire in my welder. I went to a smaller wire and it fixed the feed problems I was having. My welding has greatly improved. My grinder is getting a lot less work.

I ditched the flex exhaust pipe for now, you cannot weld it (or I cannot weld it). either the weld is to hot for the flex pipe or you turn it down and it does not stick to the regular pipe. I don't want to use clamps in this short of a distance so no flex pipe for now. The muffler is on rubber hangers so it will move a little and the motor doesn't really move with the ORD motor mounts

I hope to have the hood on this weekend so I can begin working on the hood modifications. will post some pics when that happens.
    Rich
    Galveston, Texas

5. The Following User Says Thank You to richingalveston For This Useful Post:

gimpyrobb (05-22-2019)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24