• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FONTANA scrap yard run #4

ocwd

Fontana Yard

I haven't been back to this forum for quite a while. I've been wanting to go check out the Fontana yard since I first saw your post a few months ago. Do they have any Jeep (M38 or M38a1) or M37 stuff or is it all the big trucks and hummers?

Dave :D

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: Fontana Yard

It's mostly 5-ton and HMMWV stuff. I don't recall seeing any Jeep or M37 stuff. But that's no excuse to not go just for the fun of it, though! ;)

ems4ty

I'll be there! Bringing the Deuce as usual. I'll have to hookup with MHB285 and hopefully KeyLargo. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. BTW, I'm expecting to be bringing a friend who also has a M35 and Unimog. He's looking for a couple of things. (Just blew the motor on the M35.... Sounds sorta like a valve dropped into the piston. Tons of smoke and oil out the stack.)

L8R!

ocwd

Parts

I agree. It's always fun to climb around places like this. Unfortunately, I have to work on that Saturday. It figures, I never work on Saturdays, and the one Saturday that I have to work is the day you guys are going. I guess i'll hit it next time. :cry:

Not to change the subject, but there is a guy up in Colorado Springs that has a bunch of parts for M151, CUCV, and the larger trucks. He'll sell a bunch of parts for cheap. I showed up with a trailer and filled it full of all his WWII and M38 parts. I got a set of NOS axles for my M38 for a very nice price. After I was done, there weren't too many WWII and M38 Jeep parts left.

If anyone is interested, I can get his contact info. He won't send you pictures but if you talk to him on the phone he'll give you a good idea of what he has. Last time I talked to him was about 3 months ago.

Dave

wdbtchr

RE: Parts

I wish I was closer, I'm in St. Louis, MO. I imagine I could find my spring pads and shock mounts for my M54 there. How come there aren't any fun places like this in the Midwest? I love salvage yards even if they aren't military stuff.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Parts

Mike, everything still a green light for Sat? Looks like no rain in the forcast, just freekin COLD!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow - sounds like fun, but Fontana is a little far South for me, even if its winter time there. But that's my idea of what "shopping" should be like! I need an engine coolant heater for an M 35, but I doubt they are likely to turn up in California. Does "Fontana" have a regular name of web site?

Thanks
Lee in Alaska

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!

The "deal making" brother now will NOT be at the yard Saturday. He wants to re-schedule. Either Dec. 22nd "which I can't make" or Jan 5th "which I can make".

Sorry for the short notice but this is how they work.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't fret Floyd...we're within' a couple of weeks to going.

I need some feedback on a new date.

I'm for Jan 5th so that I can go. Let's see what others say about Jan. 5th.

Others????

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like January 5th is good to go. I talked to Brother #1 and he's pretty sure that'll be fine. I will follow up the week of to make sure we are on. Hopefully he won't have any issues this time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks