• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FONTANA scrap yard run #4

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Finally made it home. Preliminary results of my first long drive in the M1009 seem to yield good fuel economy. Drove almost 250 miles and still have over half a tank left. I got everything I wanted and at prices were too low to advertise :wink: . It was great to meet a couple of new people and the weather was perfect. Here are a couple of pics of my items.

Attachments

groundog

:driver: the brothers have a constantly changing inventory---I picked up a m-200A1 trailer at Barstow and Tom was nice enough to meet me so I picked a pto--driveshaft--shift linkage--back window for a hard top that I have in the back yard.just have to install the pto now and I am in business---was going to make this run but was scared away by weather reports---Tim was picking up two trucks at barstow while I was getting my traileri hopefully we can make another run in Feb----groundog

Floyd

Finally made it to an outing and got to meet a bunch of the SoCal people, and even found a few parts. Everyone that didn’t go because of the weather, ya really missed out. We saw maybe a light sprinkle for a few minutes if that. That place is MV nirvana, just fantastic.

Irish, sorry about all the water you had to deal with. About an hour after I got home it started to snow. So it couldn’t have been better planed. 8)
Floyd

5tonpuller

parts

Floyd said:
Finally made it to an outing and got to meet a bunch of the SoCal people, and even found a few parts. Everyone that didn’t go because of the weather, ya really missed out. We saw maybe a light sprinkle for a few minutes if that. That place is MV nirvana, just fantastic.

Irish, sorry about all the water you had to deal with. About an hour after I got home it started to snow. So it couldn’t have been better planed. 8)
Floyd
Djfreema,
Did you guys see any traitor tongue for a m106a2 ?

saddamsnightmare

January 8th, 2008.

BY CHANCE, could any of you gentlemen going out to Fontana Scrap yard on your next run, please locate four (4) of the flat oval head screws that hold the windshield adjustment arms to the winshield sash and cab posts on the M35A2? they are a 1/4"-28NF x 1/2" long item with a straight slot in the head, as I hae been unable to locate even the hex head versions in the hardware stores around Paris,TX. If anyone would be interested, I am willing to cover the cost of the screws, postage and a Pepsi ( or whatever the usual 24 oz beverage of choice is in Ca.).
I can be reached at the following address:

Kyle F. McGrogan
6655 Pine Mill Road
Reno, Texas 75462
e-Mail: kyle_mcgrogan@hotmail.com

It seems that some M35A2 truck parts are a hard to find here in N.E. Texas as Mercedes Benz Unimog parts.
Thanks again for your time and kind consideration,

I remain, Gentlemen,
Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan
1963 Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 KAiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran Truck.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Matt, If you could get some pics that would help. There is so much stuff there that is laying around without any organization, its just a matter of digging through it all. I saw several different pintle hoops that attach to the trailer tongue. Kyle I remember seeing a bunch of adjusting arms for the windshields so I'm sure the screws can be found. I am hoping we can get another run out there in Feb.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matt, a 106 trailer..water tanker? Do you need just the lunette, or a whole tongue? They are the same as a 105 trailer.

5tonpuller

stuff

WillWagner said:
Matt, a 106 trailer..water tanker? Do you need just the lunette, or a whole tongue? They are the same as a 105 trailer.
M1061a1 OR M1061a2 It is a 5 ton trailer. 4 single wheels. Like what they used for the laundry units. The extra tongue is used when they tow them behind tracked stuff.
I had a picture but can not find it now. ( of course ) I will have to take another picture when
the big light is on out side. ok found it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9764&highlight=trailor

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: parts

5tonpuller said:
Floyd said:

Floyd
Djfreema,
Sorry, I read M106a2 :wink:

ems4ty

RE: Re: parts

It was a fantastic day at the yard!!! The only problem that I ran into was not bringing enough cash. Was a little strapped on funds this weekend, but oh well, still got a couple of things. Managed to pick up a pair of the axle adapters with chains for a medium tow bar, a H250 Handset for a RT-524 Radio and a Headset with boom mike for a RT-524 Radio and (1) box of brass locks as seen in the previous pics. All for $64.00. Not bad at all!!!!

BTW- I got dibs on at least (10) 11.00x20 Tires on Rims, maybe (20) depending if my brother needs a set. There coming off expandable trailers and a fairly brand new. Very, very, very minor if any dry rot that I saw. Looked almost brand new even with the little rubber nubbies on them. Tom made a deal that I just could not pass up. Way way way better price than getting the tires brand new from a local retailer at $140-$165 each.

Anyways, all in all, a fantastic day, barely any rain and GREAT Group of people. Even had the pleasure of meeting 3 new faces!

Take care,

Tyler

5tonpuller

Re: parts

WillWagner said:
5tonpuller said:
Floyd said:

Floyd
Djfreema,
Sorry, I read M106a2 :wink:
My fault. My finger and brain had a fit. CRS is alive and well. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks