• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project m1010

jpg

You might consider stripping the foam and vinyl from your dash and painting the steel that remains. There are threads on this. It can come out better than some of the available replacement dashes out there. That's what we plan to do with ours, once that makes the priority cut.

We use ours as a camper. We kept the original interior. Works OK for us. Plumbing, refrigeration, and cooking systems are very basic, but they serve.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you plan on running the A/C? Second compressor or repurpose the A6 that came on the truck?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will it be in place of the A6 or will you run 2 compressors. I don't recall if your rear A/C was operational.

Cancel that, went back to original post. Found that they installed a window shaker.

Last edited:

WARWAG

Its been awhile since I last posted about my M1010. I retired from work on Sept 28th 2018. After moving into our new home (HUGE shop to boot!) I have started on the M1010 again. I never really stopped. It was worked on every time I came home. That was months apart and I was usually only home for a few days at a time. Anyway I have been real busy since last week on her. Ive installed a Off Road Designs 4" lift kit with every option. Her new shoes are Toyo Mts 255/85R16. Best off road tire I have found. For the last few days I have been prepping my cab (gutting out everything) for her new interior. Everything is new and Black. Tonight I finished re upholstering the seats. I have Dyed my kicker panels black, and have everything ready to go in. I am just waiting for my Dynamat sound deadener to arrive. It should have been here today but I am guessing tomorrow. I am planning on having everything wrapped up by tomorrow night. Well thats the plan anyway. I will post a few pics now. I will get some better ones after our first trip out.

WARWAG

I finished the Lift and then started on the interior. Had some issues with LMC and some of there products. LMC customer service is the worst. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LMC AGAIN. EVER. Buyer beware. Moving on. My wife helped me out on the interior removal. So far I have lined the entire cab floor with Dynamat. I then installed the Reflective Jute pad and carpet. The upholstery seat kits were relatively easy to install. They came out really nice. The seat foam was in excellent shape. The seat belts were a different story. I had to combine two different seat belt kits to have all the parts needed to install in the Campulance. I took my wife for a drive and she was shocked out how much quieter the truck is. So was I. The next step is to install all new window felts/rubber. Lube the tracks. Change doors locks. Install Dynamat on the doors and install the new door panels etc. The dash pad will go in last. Will post more pictures later.

Attachments

WARWAG

Yesterday I finished installing the new door locks, interior door handles, lubing up the window tracks, new window rubbers and felts, dynamatted (sound deadener) the doors and installing the new door panels and hardware. Both doors came out great. With the new door window seals the widows are pretty tight. after about 10 opening and closing cycles it is getting easier. Lubing the tracks with lithium grease really helped.

After finishing up the door panels I took the wife out for a quick run to the store. With the doors done I can say the effort and expense of installing the Dynamat has paid off. In fact I can't believe this is the same vehicle! When the doors shut they shut with a THUD. No rattles. No high pithed tinny sounds. Just a nice solid thud. The quietness gained was HUGE. If you redo your interior or even just change out the flooring Dynamat needs to be a must do on your list. Its easy and really not that expensive. The gains are well worth the cost and effort. Now for some pics.

Today I will install the Dash, sun visors, kick panels and some small pieces that I had ordered from LMC. I will then clean her up and get some final pictures of the interior build.

Attachments

Last edited:

Keith_J

I like it. Been thinking of doing the outer door skins in Dynamat when I am doing the window tracks. My door seals are fine, just the tracks.

The door skins seem to oil can so they act like drum heads. Also thinking of bracing them with some bent sheet metal, held in place with panel bond.

Offroad Design

Supporting Vendor
Yesterday I finished installing the new door locks, interior door handles, lubing up the window tracks, new window rubbers and felts, dynamatted (sound deadener) the doors and installing the new door panels and hardware. Both doors came out great. With the new door window seals the widows are pretty tight. after about 10 opening and closing cycles it is getting easier. Lubing the tracks with lithium grease really helped.

After finishing up the door panels I took the wife out for a quick run to the store. With the doors done I can say the effort and expense of installing the Dynamat has paid off. In fact I can't believe this is the same vehicle! When the doors shut they shut with a THUD. No rattles. No high pithed tinny sounds. Just a nice solid thud. The quietness gained was HUGE. If you redo your interior or even just change out the flooring Dynamat needs to be a must do on your list. Its easy and really not that expensive. The gains are well worth the cost and effort. Now for some pics.

Today I will install the Dash, sun visors, kick panels and some small pieces that I had ordered from LMC. I will then clean her up and get some final pictures of the interior build.
Interior is looking great!!

WARWAG

I like it. Been thinking of doing the outer door skins in Dynamat when I am doing the window tracks. My door seals are fine, just the tracks.

The door skins seem to oil can so they act like drum heads. Also thinking of bracing them with some bent sheet metal, held in place with panel bond.
You could Dynamat 25% of the outer door skin and get about the same reduction in vibration/noise etc. I would also Dynamat the out skin like I did. I covered up all the holes so you don't get the Drum or guitar effect. The noise reduction was greatly reduced.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The interior is pretty much all wrapped up. Like one of the stories from the American writer Horatio Alger. Rags to Riches. What a difference a little hard work can make. The dash came out excellent.
That look awesome! Suspension look great too. I just got notice that some stuff I ordered from ORD shipped so I'm waiting for that to come in.

Last edited:

WARWAG

That look awesome! Suspension look great too. I just got notice that some stuff I ordered from ORD shipped so I'm waiting for that to come in.
The quality of the ORD suspension components is excellent. This is my 3rd ORD Suspension install on Square bodies. Two of those have been on CUCVs. I suggest getting the Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer. Far superior. Plus ORD have them valved for our application.

Please post pics of your build.

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The quality of the ORD suspension components is excellent. This is my 3rd ORD Suspension install on Square bodies. Two of those have been on CUCVs. I suggest getting the Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer. Far superior. Plus ORD have them valved for our application.

Please post pics of your build.
Here is a link to my truck. I've also watched yours on Portal as well... ORD's reputation is certainly excellent and I will continue assembling parts to lift mine. It is both good and bad that they didn't have more things on sale for black Friday... :whistle:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?180524-Another-M1010-owner

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks