• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Into to Rongo, Land Roverguy.

rongo

Gents, (and the slight possibility of there being Ladies too)

I'm Ron, an MOD Land Rover enthusiast.

Currently running around the wilds of the Pacific Northwest in an ex-MOD Defender 90 used by the Forces in Gibraltar. (a LHD MOD LR!)

Soon to be arriving (January-ish), an Ex-mod Northern Ireland by way of Basra LR Snatch. 2017 is going to be a fun year!!!

My distinct pleasure to meet you all.

Ron

dmetalmiki

That shows a degree of determination and dedication to go to all trouble you are. in obtaining a rather..straight forward and ordinary vehicle..However, When it duly arrives post up some pictures of it and show your efforts in the restoration and or project.

KsM715

I kick myself every day for not buying and shipping back a RHD rover when I was over there and had the chance to. I learned to drive a stick in dads old series III. And find myself looking at the X-MOD rovers that come up for auction over in the UK. I just have no idea about the troubles with shipping one back here.

rongo

There isn't much trouble, to be honest. there are lots of folks who have done all the dirty work for the import, the DOT paperwork, etc.
Those that are already here tend to be REALLY expensive, compared to finding on in the UK or Ireland and having a broker bring it in.
Even the Piglet and Snatch LRs don't require an ATF form 6 anymore. I guess non-steel armour is OK now. :-\

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from a fellow MoD Rover guy!! (But I have big 'merican stuff too).
PARA FRT.jpgLtWt at Bens.jpg

Look forward to your pics.

NB. Both of mine I brought in from UK where I am from. No biggie.

56Sugga93Snatch

I am a new member, so Hello everyone !! I purchased 25 KK 74 in England, and it is currently on a ship, on its way to Texas. It was a prototype Snatch 1.5, so never went to Iraq after Northern Ireland. It was featured in a 2004 article in Land Rover Monthly. Only 8000 original miles. How many U.S. Snatch owners are on this site, and where are you located ?? I am just curious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks