• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me m59 dump truck...

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Well... I bought this m59 today. Needs some work here and there, but definitely worth saving. The toolbox isn't on the truck but the previous owner says he has it. One of the quarter fenders is there but not on the truck, he may have the other as well. The bad thing is the cab protector is missing.:neutral: The radiator is also gone, but I know where an NOS one is for a reasonable price. It still has the gas motor, it was last run around 10 years ago until coolant showed up in the oil. The bed needs some rust repair but it's not bad at all, it's sitting on an m35a2 chassis right now.

I'll post more about it when it makes it back to the shop, thinking of finding a trailer to haul it on since it has been sitting so long.
IMG_3158.jpgIMG_3159.jpgIMG_3152.jpgIMG_3153.jpgIMG_3154.jpgIMG_3155.jpgIMG_3156.jpgIMG_3161.jpgIMG_3160.jpgIMG_3150.jpgIMG_3151.jpg

country

Supporting Vendor

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I needs a dump truck bad.

I'm demucking my pond since the weather has been so dry and having to haul the crap out one tractor bucket at a time sucks.

It has a good hard rock bottom so the tractor hasn't disappeared yet but you have to watch out for those holes.:roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See.if Gimpyrobb still has a cab protector. He has an M59 bed going on a trailer but I don't know if he kept the cab protector.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the lead Kenny, that is going to be the hard to find item I think. There's a pretty good chance these two rare deuces have met before, they both came from VTCS around the same time.
IMG_3152.jpgimage.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Some guys get to play with the really cool toys!! :-D
Maybe someday it'll be operational again, until then it's work! I did get to "drive" it about 45 miles today.:shock: Of course, it was hooked to the pipeline truck, and it was pouring rain...
Don't forget m215 dumps have same protector. How did you find this rare piece ??
Yeah I'll have to be on the look out for the cab protector, I also am going to have to find one of the quarter fenders. A friend told me about this truck, it's kind of nice for a change to have someone who passes on a truck tell me about it instead of keeping it a secret until it's scrapped. I'm kind of glad you didn't buy it Ed, towing it home was no fun! Thanks again though!

Lately I always pick the wrong day to get a truck. My brother (Black Ops), father (Fredo Corleone), and myself went up North today to get this truck home. The m756a2 was used to lift an m135 bed that was part of deal, and the m59 dump bed on to my trailer. Then we hooked up axle clamps and the towbar and dragged the truck behind the m756. The first turn with the truck in tow was in mud, and it didn't follow at all. So once again I piloted the towed truck in the pouring rain with no roof. Once it was on solid ground though it followed with no problem, so the rest of the trip I was just along for the ride.
IMG_3187.jpgIMG_3188.jpgIMG_3189.jpgIMG_3190.jpg
More pics will be posted shortly.

xm708

No problem at all I like to see them saved too... one day I will get one they are out there. There is a parts dump down at Murrys ya know ?? Quarter fenders are the same as duece tractor and m215 style dump and m211 style tractor. Murry has quarter fenders also...

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Today we threw a few tires on the back so it doesn't look so goofy, not that it's going to be going anyway soon - the motor is stuck. The owner said it hasn't run for about 10 years so that's not surprising. The bed has had and currently needs more rust repair. It's pretty straight though, and the tailgate is nice for any 60 year old MV let alone a dump truck.
IMG_3203.jpgIMG_3204.jpgIMG_3206.jpgIMG_3205.jpg
I'd really like to keep this truck a gasser. I think that would save a lot of work, the gasser fenders look rot free too!
IMG_3210.jpgIMG_3209.jpgIMG_3208.jpgIMG_3207.jpg
A friend who bought a lot of stuff from VTCS over the years said this dump truck used to sit next to the m756a2 that towed it home. Kind of neat they're both back here after 15-20 years.

Anyone know of an m59 or m215 cab protector for sale?:D I'd like to find an original rather than modify a different one.

saddamsnightmare

October 26th, 2016.

Fabricating a slightly larger cab protector should not be hard? Why larger do you ask, canvas cab tops are not notoriously good at protecting the driver from any rolling, shifting, or mis-dumped loads.......I am sure that David Doyle may have his sources for the blueprints for the beds.....:D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks