• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 from Salmon, Idaho

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here is what I came up with for the rubber piece under the hood. Took a piece of bungee and put it on with a couple 10-32 screws. replaced the hex headed bolts with countersunk fine threaded bolts. Will try this and see how it works. With the hood closed looks as though it will work great.
100_3147[1].jpg 100_3146[1].jpg

Installed the external power connector and wiring that the early M135 came out with.

100_3148[1].jpg100_3149[1].jpg

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well spring is here, looks like a beautiful day. Will sneak out to the truck between honey does and do a little more work.
Will get the engine running for sure. Like I said in earlier posts all the brake lines are contaminated and will have to be replaced. Looking forward to working on the truck.

gentrysgarage

Merle look up Peashooters's brake line sticky in the Deuce forum for a good reference/starting point on the brake lines...as for me, MORE sanding (arrrgghhhh) on the rear frame...and hopefully red oxide primer today.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Merle look up Peashooters's brake line sticky in the Deuce forum for a good reference/starting point on the brake lines...as for me, MORE sanding (arrrgghhhh) on the rear frame...and hopefully red oxide primer today.
Thanks for the heads up on Peashooters brake line sticky. You are making great headway on your truck, I can hardly wait to see it finished.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Points,condenser, and plugs should get the engine running. The previous owner pulled the master cylinder out, the air pack and left all lines open. Lines are full of mud dobber nests and leaf cutter nests. All u-joints are bad. fuel tank a mess and tires. No telling what else.

1944mb

Cool look forward to it. I've made some tranny pressure videos, but you tube has changed some and I'm a little short fused with computer stuff. Maybe gotta sweet talk mama and see if she'll help me post them. She a computer guru

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool look forward to it. I've made some tranny pressure videos, but you tube has changed some and I'm a little short fused with computer stuff. Maybe gotta sweet talk mama and see if she'll help me post them. She a computer guru
I can see the short fuse with the computer at 75 I don't have a lot of patience with it. Hope you get your videos posted. I hope the engine runs ok. The transmission has me worried, hasn't been run in about 13 years. If there is problems will just have to fix it. How are your trucks running. Enjoyed your video feeding your critters in the snow.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ken

Haven't turned a wrench on the truck at all this summer, wanted to ,but to many projects and honey does. Good luck on your truck.

Merle

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another year has rolled by, didn't accomplish anything on the deuce. I have lots of excuses. Wanted to wish all on SS a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Merle

1944mb

Merry Christmas to you as well Merle! Don't feel bad, been mired in housing projects and work stuff. Hoping to get back on track next year. If you blink, years go by. Maybe one of these days we could make a trip your way and give you a hand. Where are you at with it?

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Merry Christmas to you as well Merle! Don't feel bad, been mired in housing projects and work stuff. Hoping to get back on track next year. If you blink, years go by. Maybe one of these days we could make a trip your way and give you a hand. Where are you at with it?
Need points plugs and condenser to see if engine will run, if it does will set the valves. Need to clean fuel tank, need fuel pump, brakes are bad, tires are bad, need muffler. Have truck muffler to modify. Main thing is get engine running and will go from there.

Merle

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Merry Christmas Merle. I’ve been working on my M934 for a couple years. I keep getting frustrated because I want to “finish” it. My better half has to remind me that the trip IS the destination. You have taken on a bigger project than I would do. As long as you are having fun working on it, enjoy the trip. Someday you’ll be driving it around with a big grin!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks