• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 from Salmon, Idaho

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Merry Christmas Merle. I’ve been working on my M934 for a couple years. I keep getting frustrated because I want to “finish” it. My better half has to remind me that the trip IS the destination. You have taken on a bigger project than I would do. As long as you are having fun working on it, enjoy the trip. Someday you’ll be driving it around with a big grin!
Your better half is so right, the trip is the destination. Very well said. and again to all on SS a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your better half is so right, the trip is the destination. Very well said. and again to all on SS a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
You guys shouldn't have us thinking so deep this close to Christmas. I'll be up all week wondering if I'm already at the destination or still on a journey.

If the destination is to drive a historical Military Vehicle (HMV) then folks should find a military vehicle to drive, today. There are enough collectors, all over this continent, that build trucks to be driven then through life circumstances, leave them sitting. We need to push a "FILL THE SEATS" campaign this year, get more trucks in the dirt and more folks in the seats. We don't all need to build trucks to drive them as long as we can get the boys and girls to loosen the grip on their toys a little.

If the destination is to work on HMV's, for long periods of time without driving them........we've all reached our destination.

I have many little destinations now. I'll think that I know what I am going to do - goal 1. I'll lay down beside the truck with a tool - goal 2 accomplished. I'll slide under the truck, , , goal 3 done. If I touch a bolt it's been a good day. At one time the journey was the enabling objective to the primary objective but now every journey IS the destination. Smart lady sitting beside Bill Nutting over there.

I'm only 8 in MV collecting years so although in my infancy, the entire MV thing, the events, the people, the volunteerism, fund raising, organizing to make positive changes and especially the contribution of the older fellas.......just an outstanding community of folks that anyone would be proud to learn from.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours Merle and to the entire MV community, "FILL THE SEATS".

One pleasure I get is the look on faces when asked if they want to go for a ride. Seeing the expression change when asked if they want to drive it. It often goes from joy to a confused look. lol. I gotta digitize some of those reactions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks