• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Power Steering Conversion Complete List

MattL

I snagged my pump, box with arm and drag link from a 79 Powerwagon someone was parting on Craigslist.

I also purchased the Borgeson steering shaft from Summit Racing and a rag joint from Rockauto as I couldn't get the donor 79 PS steering shaft to mate with my 77 manual column, this was the only way I could figure to get from my box's input shaft spline to the column's spline. I can dig up the steering shaft and rag joint PN's if needed...

papakb

I did this upgrade about 20 years ago on a California local purchase 890 crew cab by the USAF. The truck is actually a W200 but it has all the correct data plates and a California emissions sticker for it's 360 engine. Unfortunately the sticker is wrong and won't work the way it's got the vacuum amplifier plumbed but because it's a '77 I no longer have to fight with the DMV every 2 years. It likes to eat EGR valves for some reason. They tend to crack between the in and out ports.

When I did this upgrade I went to a salvage yard and pulled the parts off of one of their Dodges. The interesting thing was that the steering box mounted on a cast shelf that was attached to the frame. Everything went well until I tried to move the truck and the steering was working in reverse! Back to the yard for a steering box that was bolted directly to the frame and everything was good. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks