• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at Mighty Mite to buy

Michaelg

I posted this also on the G 503 site.

I am looking a M 422 A1 Mighty Mite that is for sale. Although the data plate says it is an A1 it has the thin windshield. Does anyone know if there was an overlap in models where the A1 still used the thin windshield. Maybe to use up the remaining stocks? The DOD on this vehicle is 10/16/61. SN is 1468. Looking forward to getting another MM. Haven't had one since I bought one from Sam Werner many years ago.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thin windshield was factory for the vast majority if not all the M422 & M422s produced. The M38A1 style windshield was a MWO issued right before production stopped or after. Most mites were converted during their service and a few made it out by being overlooked or sold prior to the MWO being applied to them. I personally very much prefer the thin windshield.

Last edited:

Michaelg

Thanks for the information. I think I agree that the thick windshield looks a little better. Do you know if there are any of the MWO kits still out there to make the change?
Thanks
Mike

Michaelg

I understand. However, I think I still like the M38A1 windshield. I remember this one on the Mite I got from Sam Werner and on the one our Marine infantry company had back in the late 60s. Back then, each infantry company had 1 Mighty Mite and 2 Mules.
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks