• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1123 Purchase and Build Thread - Virginia

Action

Does your congressman know that not all of these humvees come with clean titles like ypurs? That ORO will come into play somewhere in ghis.

ryanruck

Does your congressman know that not all of these humvees come with clean titles like ypurs? That ORO will come into play somewhere in ghis.
But when you have two nearly identical trucks, with one having a branded title and the other not, with no appreciable difference in safety equipment, federal legislation could quite easily remedy that difference for the better. ;-)

Another Ahab

It has been explained to his aide, and she understood it. Whether the Congressman knows it or not is another matter.
Likely if the aid understands it, that's enough for the Representative.

My wife used to work on the Hill, and she told me once that's the way the system works. The Rep's rely heavily on their staff (they have to, the job involves just too much to know for any one person).

The responsibility shouldered by these aids (often grads fresh out of college) is pretty impressive sometimes.

MaverickH1

The DMV responded with:

"Thank you for your correspondence. DMV has not taken any action at this time."

I'm happy they responded... but the veiled threat is still there. "At this time" being the operative phrase. :/

jeffy777

The DMV responded with:

"Thank you for your correspondence. DMV has not taken any action at this time."

I'm happy they responded... but the veiled threat is still there. "At this time" being the operative phrase. :/

I think...
If we can get enough people driving and paying for title and taxes on HMMWV's they will let us (and like us) pay them for title and taxes. We just need more people doing it and not behaving poorly like driving their HMMWV across Mt Vernon. I think you are ok and I am ok. I would not push.

Jeff

liebherr

What kills me is that anything 25-years or older can be imported into the USA and not have to meet US federal safety standards or US emission standards of the date of manufacture, by US federal law they are antiques. How do you think these exotic sports cars get in now that were not imported 25 years or more because of not meeting the standard? Also, the VA antique car code (antique plate) says if 25-years or older car does not need safety inspection even if knowingly it would not meet them. At the very least all HMMWV's 25-years or older should be allowed to be licensed

Action

What kills me is that anything 25-years or older can be imported into the USA and not have to meet US federal safety standards or US emission standards of the date of manufacture, by US federal law they are antiques. How do you think these exotic sports cars get in now that were not imported 25 years or more because of not meeting the standard? Also, the VA antique car code (antique plate) says if 25-years or older car does not need safety inspection even if knowingly it would not meet them. At the very least all HMMWV's 25-years or older should be allowed to be licensed
MaverickH1 has a 2005. That isn't 25 years old.

MaverickH1

Memorial Day weekend with my niece:

1.jpg

About 2,000 lbs of concrete in the back this weekend. It was actually a comfortable ride afterwards, but MAN I need a turbo in this thing:

2.jpg

Transmission harness grommet image requested by PM:

35.jpg

Last edited:

kcobean

Jumping in just to follow along. I just purchased a Plan B M998 and live in Loudoun County. I'm hoping my experience with registration is not nearly the cluster-f*** of governmental red-tape yours has been.

M1123

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll get you squared away. We promised it at time of sale I'll make sure it is honored. We are not offering the GA title going forward due to the cost associated with producing them. Oh and for the record I just looked at my caller ID you should have left me a VM I had just went to the break room I would have called you back pretty quick. But I get so many calls if I don't get a VM I get to returning it when I can.
I just finished an auction on a M1123 through GP. Its been freshly painted and has doors, roofs, tailgate etc so I paid a bit more. How are you getting this GA title? PM me if you can help me because I am having issues with GP not wanting to give me the GA title.

Thanks

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They havent offered a Georgia title since about September of 2016. On my last 1123 the options were a branded Montana Title or a clean SF97.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks