• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a tach?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, 68 mph winds here today!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pic you posted looks to be a non isolated alternator.

That means it's not original and probably does not have the tach output.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at post 60.

You will see the same threaded hole in the picture I posted there.

Ignore that threaded hole.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were originally.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
fwiw, there is another schematic that shows the tach wire. Probably a specific schematic for the ice/ste.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, schematic E-11

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm between Syracuse and Watertown, eastern shore of Lake Ontario.

Lots of trees down and zero visibility from the 2' of snow we got lastnight(blowing around).

cucvrus

DSCF2340.jpgThe tachometer picture I said i would post. This is in the Crown of Thorns M1009. VDO tachometer. I also added the cloth covering to the dash pad about 10 years ago. The dash padding works DSCF2339.jpg great and is fuss proof. I don't have to worry about scratching it of having it crack from the UV exposure. Works like a charm. The Tachometer is a bit crooked by error on my part. I had it out for putting speakers in the dash and it just ended up that way. I only noticed it was crooked after the last screw was tight. Screw it came to mind. It is not the only imperfection. But it runs and drives and that is the most important thing. Happy Holidays. Working in a winter wonderland. In the meadow we can park the CUCV's and pretend they are nice and bright. You'll say are the running? I'll say yes man. I wouldn't have it any other way. Later on we'll retire. Burn some wood in the fire. You know the rest. HA HA.

Ilikemtb999

I mounted a single gauge cup on left side of the column where the turn signal stalk comes out. It houses my boost gauge but could hold any gauge....

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the confusion, it was meant for CUCVRUS

Ok, I'll bite. What is that long pipe that looks like an old fashion horn? Have a great Christmas and thanks for all your help thru the year!!!

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shift lever?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks