• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV/LMTV Steering Play Solved

Aernan

I checked my truck. Both ball joints on the drag link are worn. Looking up the part posted earlier turns up a single ball joint/tie rod end. My friend says one end must have backwards threads. Can anyone confirm one side left hand the other right hand threads?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I think you will find that only the rear end is adjustable. That the boot off the front end and boil it in motor oil. It is probably not worn out, just stuck.
Some ball type joints have spring loaded part that keeps zero play and it can get pushed and stick if old or dirty, hard grease etc. Just a thought, I know some very old tie rod ends that get very tight can be fixed this way.

Last edited:

319cssb

I think you will find that only the rear end is adjustable. That the boot off the front end and boil it in motor oil. It is probably not worn out, just stuck.
You mean, you think the wobble stems from a stuck joint? That 'boiling in motor oil' sounds like a really good suggestion.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks