• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fayetteville, NC to Weatherford, OK

sethnagy

Just thought I would share my up coming road trip from Lenoir, NC to Fayetteville, NC. This will be the first leg of a 2,800 mile journey. The second leg will be from Lenoir, NC to Weatherford, OK. Ultimately I'm picking up an M105 in Fayetteville, NC from Bikeman and delivering to Stranger in Weatherford, OK. Then I'm picking up seven 395 85/R20 tires to bring back to Lenoir, NC for my new M51a1 I'm getting from AMGeneral.

I'm taking the M35a2 to pickup an M105. While I'm in Fayetteville I'm planning to watch the Veterans Day Parade (http://www.fayveteransdayparade.com/). Should be a good show, but will be a long day. If everything goes okay it will be 11 hours of driving.

I'll check all the fluids / tire pressure / etc. to be sure I'm ready for November 5th. If anyone needs anything delivered to Fayetteville or Weatherford, OK let me know. Below is a picture of my M35a2 with her snow shoes on. Looking forward to the trip to Fayetteville. I'll do the second leg to Weatherford, OK later in November.

deuce.jpg

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just thought I would share my up coming road trip from Lenoir, NC to Fayetteville, NC. This will be the first leg of a 2,800 mile journey. The second leg will be from Lenoir, NC to Weatherford, OK. Ultimately I'm picking up an M105 in Fayetteville, NC from Bikeman and delivering to Stranger in Weatherford, OK. Then I'm picking up seven 395 85/R20 tires to bring back to Lenoir, NC for my new M51a1 I'm getting from AMGeneral.

I'm taking the M35a2 to pickup an M105. While I'm in Fayetteville I'm planning to watch the Veterans Day Parade (http://www.fayveteransdayparade.com/). Should be a good show, but will be a long day. If everything goes okay it will be 11 hours of driving.

I'll check all the fluids / tire pressure / etc. to be sure I'm ready for November 5th. If anyone needs anything delivered to Fayetteville or Weatherford, OK let me know. Below is a picture of my M35a2 with her snow shoes on. Looking forward to the trip to Fayetteville. I'll do the second leg to Weatherford, OK later in November.

View attachment 651211
I'll be making a trip OKC to Fayetteville and back to okc about the same time. I'll have an empty 20+5' gooseneck for the trip back. I'll bring tools appropriate for MVs.

Contact me if you get in a bind, or if timing lines up perfectly I'll follow you. PM sent with my number...

sethnagy

Thanks for the replies . . . good to know there will be a friend on the road 98G . . . and thanks for the well wishes m715mike.

sethnagy

Well, phase one of the trip went very well. My M35 ran great. Put 400 plus miles on it. Longest trip I've ever taken in one day. Pulled the trailer home without issue. Did not event know it was behind me. A buddy made the trip with me. Talked all the way down and back via the VIC-1. It worked great too.

Thanks to Bikeman for all his help with the trailer pickup.

My advice to anyone thinking about taking a road trip in a deuce is 'do-it'!!

imagejpeg_0.jpg

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope your trip goes well! I'm not too far from highway 75 and I40 in Oklahoma if you need a hand along the way. A roadtrip in a deuce is a blast!

sethnagy

I appreciate all the support. Although the first part of the trip went well with the M35a2, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I don't have enough time to make the trip in the deuce. My buddy has a new Dodge Power Wagon and he is itching to take a trip. This will be a three day trip with the Dodge rather than a five or six (or ten) day trip in the deuce.

sethnagy

IMG_20161125_170837898_HDR-01.jpgIMG_20161124_141647.jpgHappy to report we made the 2100 mile trip over thanksgiving weekend. Had a great trip. The trailer drop off and exchange went well. Thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks