• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project #31 at Zouts

zout

Owner wanted this nasty putrid Squid paint removed and painted the way it should be. Should be ready by the Veterans Day Parade to haul with his Mutt.20161026_155626_001.jpg

#32 project will be coming in a couple weeks. Thread will be opened in its appropriate place when it gets started.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No offense to Adam, Steve, or the other Navy Brothers but I just can't hook the Marine Corp Jeep painted/lettered like an Army jeep to a M416 trailer painted Navy gray.:roll:

It's a strange world here in CAMO Land I tell ya!!:papabear:

Attachments

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M151 shown above could be easily explained.... the army stole it back from the USMC... then painted it back.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fully understand the wanting to make it match the towing vehicle.

It's not that it would like right being towed behind a carrier anyway.

;-)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We like to use the word "procured".
Looks complete and straight.
How do you get the paint off the tires?
I usually just cheat and swap for tires that aren't painted....and yes, it's pretty well complete plus I'm gonna build some kind of "dog house" on it to keep goodies out of the rain when we are at events etc,. :papabear:

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
project 32!! Most awesome sounds like Area 51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
project 32!! Most awesome sounds like Area 51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"X-Files" music playing and the word "OPSEC" going across the screen with "Project 32" trailing afterwards.......................LOL

Where's the popcorn and couch pillows? Hate when I loose the pillows!

I'm still as eager as a groom on wedding day to see how it turns out!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Or you could just paint the M151 the right color to match the trailer.....
Troy has an M151A2 painted Navy and the trailer went with that jeep. During the last round of MV trading at the CAMO Compound Troy came up a little short on trading material....so I ended up with the trailer as a deal sealer.:D

Besides, it's bad enough we have an M38A1 Marine jeep painted Air Force blue and owned/driven by a old fat Army feller!:tinkerbell:

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Troy has an M151A2 painted Navy and the trailer went with that jeep. During the last round of MV trading at the CAMO Compound Troy came up a little short on trading material....so I ended up with the trailer as a deal sealer.:D

Besides, it's bad enough we have an M38A1 Marine jeep painted Air Force blue and owned/driven by an old fat Army feller!:tinkerbell:
"Old fat Army feller"???
Who's that? I don't know any old fat Army feller. Nope, not me.......

(Unless I look in the mirror too long! LOL)

Just listening to you guys is a hoot!!!! Most would be tickled pink to have a nice piece of military history, no matter the color or service it is painted to match, even the Air Force blue.

ROFLMBO

Thanks for sharing and the inter- service rivalry banter!!

zout

March....just as long as I get the credit for starting it...ROL.

Those Navy fellas are ok as long as they remain on ship.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PB......Some Benning paint job trivia........

Benning has a history of jeeps being procured by one branch of service and then transferred to another. In 1964-65 we at the 2ID TACP had all of our radio jeeps (MRC 108 type) procured by the Marines. We had M38A1s and a couple of M151s also and all had Marine data plates on the dash. All were painted OD but one was painted AF blue with huge "USAF" letters on the hood.

It would be interesting if you could find the two tandem axle M151s that were there during that time. The belonged to the 11th Air assault Div. Some one figured that they did not work out and the last time I saw them they were pulling mowers on the golf course.

We also had a GRM-32 van for maint of the new radio gear. Every so often we had to take it to Dobbins for calibration. The AF sent us a M35 gasser to haul it. The gasser was in a classic state of AF disrepair. At that time the AF spent all their money on aircraft and did not spend anything on tactical vehicles. So we talked to the Army folks in our office building (G3) and they gave us a M35A1 which was a good unit. It became ours and it had AF markings. I would bet there was no paperwork at all on the transfer as we were PCS to the 2ID and they sort of owned us, housed us, paid us, and provided chow hall support. We in turn provided close air support, KPs, and I would pull CQ every so often. We were well taken care of by the ARMY.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks