Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: My item is in a secret location! NOT HAPPY

  1. #11
    2 Star General
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 333 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blisters13 View Post
    Exactly. And I doubt they are just stories; I read about a few.

    I have PM'd Jwade.
    Personally, getting an assurance that if you show up ready to haul you'll be able to get to the item and remove it with no need to hire "assistance" unless you need it would be more valuable than knowing exactly where the item is.

    My method at figuring out costs:
    1) What zip is the item in?
    2) On or off military base?
    3) What assistance is mentioned as being available? Take screenshot.

    That should be enough to work up costs.

    I can understand their point in now wanting to hand out addresses to people who don't need them. Especially for off base. "Hey, there's a bunch of mil surp stuff that has no key required starting, generators, and trailers out at the storage yard by the grain elevator" or some such. There's a reason companies with cranes tend to lift their generators in the air at night. It's sad, but the theft potential seems pretty high. (Not to mention what parts thieves can pull)

  2. #12
    Former SSG 98G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    AZ/KS/MO/OK, varies by the day...
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    6,608
    Thanked 3,554 Times in 1,645 Posts

    Default

    I went through the same thing with a welder. I had won it and paid for it and IP didn't show the payment and wouldn't tell me the address. I lost my shipping quote.

  3. #13
    LLM/Member 785 Recovry4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    GA Mountains
    Posts
    33,398
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked 10,283 Times in 4,615 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blisters13 View Post

    As to "don't deal with them" I think that's the bs way to deal with this. GovPlanet makes a butt-ton of profit off of our tax-purchased government hardware; clear, helpful customer service is our right! They don't improve if they don't get any heat or if no one communicates problems.
    Please show me where clear helpful customer service is a right! Anyone who thinks this is a right has, to quote you, a "BS" expectation of free market sales.
    1986 M1008
    1984 M1031
    1984 M1010

  4. #14
    General Steel Soldiers Vendor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    549
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blisters13 View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear:
    I'm pissed because I asked for a basic piece of information: where is this item? I got no clear answer. The GovPlanet people couldn't even verify which city the item is in, nor would they tell me what kind of property it is stored at (I think that is clear in my OP).

    As to "don't deal with them" I think that's the bs way to deal with this. GovPlanet makes a butt-ton of profit off of our tax-purchased government hardware; clear, helpful customer service is our right! They don't improve if they don't get any heat or if no one communicates problems.
    Every piece is listed with a zip code of where it is located so I am not understanding why you say you have no clear answer?
    Branch Manager - Texas First Rentals Burleson, TX

  5. #15
    Colonel ChevyC60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Posts
    302
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 97 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    It took my shipper 5 hours to find my truck!

  6. #16
    4 Star General wheelspinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Carolina - FINALLY !
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked 2,906 Times in 1,117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade View Post
    Every piece is listed with a zip code of where it is located so I am not understanding why you say you have no clear answer?
    JWade I am throwing the BS flag. I bought this trailer because of where it was listed and it was an easy pick up. It was ACTUALLY about 125 miles away and cost me several hundred dollars to recover. Who is going to pay me now for those very unexpected costs as even the zip code listed was Columbia SC??
    IMG_0143.jpg
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    "Be a person you would be proud to know"

    1985 M1009 CUCV; 1991 Ford ME350A1 (SOLD); 1990 BMY M923A2; 1988 M1038 ; 1988 M998 (SOLD) ; 1994 M1078; 1995 M1088 (x2 Parting Out); 1995 M1083; 1985 M35A2C-85K274 (SOLD)
    MEP803a; MEP802A (x3); This space Reserved
    For best results, try not to do anything stupid.
    CANCER SUCKS, and that's all I got to say about that.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wheelspinner For This Useful Post:

    SCSG-G4 (11-05-2016)

  8. #17
    General Steel Soldiers Vendor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    549
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
    JWade I am throwing the BS flag. I bought this trailer because of where it was listed and it was an easy pick up. It was ACTUALLY about 125 miles away and cost me several hundred dollars to recover. Who is going to pay me now for those very unexpected costs as even the zip code listed was Columbia SC??
    IMG_0143.jpg
    Mistakes happen in any business... How about this send me a bill that you paid highlighting the overages and I'll put my money where my mouth is. I am confident that 95% of items that sell are where they are listed. If not it is because our employee on the ground did not do his job. My email is jdoane@ironplanet.com to send me proof too.
    Branch Manager - Texas First Rentals Burleson, TX

  9. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Jwade For This Useful Post:

    4x4 Forever (06-15-2017), AAVP7 (01-12-2017), airbornebandsman (11-02-2016), AMC (11-02-2016), bikeman (11-02-2016), dk8019 (11-30-2016), DrillerSurplus (11-02-2016), Dwnorton1 (01-23-2017), f8617 (11-02-2016), Ferroequinologist (11-02-2016), FloridaAKM (11-13-2016), GUNNUT in Iowa (11-02-2016), infidel got me (11-02-2016), Jakob1944 (11-02-2016), JDToumanian (01-24-2017), Jeeperjoe (11-02-2016), jeepin (11-02-2016), jeffy777 (11-02-2016), Lionel (11-02-2016), marchplumber (11-02-2016), MtnSnow (11-02-2016), papabear (11-02-2016), porkysplace (11-02-2016), SCSG-G4 (11-05-2016), swbradley1 (11-02-2016), TechnoWeenie (07-07-2017), Tinwoodsman (11-02-2016), TNriverjet (11-12-2016), Tow4 (11-02-2016), wheelspinner (11-02-2016), Wire Fox (11-08-2016)

  10. #18
    Colonel GUNNUT in Iowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Atlantic, IA
    Posts
    388
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 386 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade View Post
    Mistakes happen in any business... How about this send me a bill that you paid highlighting the overages and I'll put my money where my mouth is. I am confident that 95% of items that sell are where they are listed. If not it is because our employee on the ground did not do his job. My email is jdoane@ironplanet.com to send me proof too.
    I don't even participate in this portion of the military vehicle game, but that is OUTSTANDING - right there!

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNUT in Iowa For This Useful Post:

    frank8003 (11-02-2016), jeffy777 (11-02-2016), marchplumber (11-02-2016)

  12. #19
    Sergeant Major jeffy777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 107 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blisters13 View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear:
    I'm pissed because I asked for a basic piece of information: where is this item? I got no clear answer. The GovPlanet people couldn't even verify which city the item is in, nor would they tell me what kind of property it is stored at (I think that is clear in my OP).

    As to "don't deal with them" I think that's the bs way to deal with this. GovPlanet makes a butt-ton of profit off of our tax-purchased government hardware; clear, helpful customer service is our right! They don't improve if they don't get any heat or if no one communicates problems.
    I recently bought a M998 Humvee from GovPlanet. They are not perfect. The process is somewhat flawed. But they have been pretty friendly and accommodating to me. Their web site is not perfect but it seems good enough. I have never seen a product on their website where I cannot decipher the city. As for its final location at pickup time I do know if they know for sure until it is sold and clears any government restrictions. Not all of the issues with Gov Planet is truly theirs from my understanding. The property (as I understand it) is the governments until it is cleared for you to buy and you buy it. The government may move material for its own purposes if they desire, therefore they do not know the exact yard may be an issue. Now that being said it is not that troublesome. If you want the trailer and it is a good deal for you I am fairly sure they will work with you as they did with me to help you get what you purchased. If you put the item number out that you are looking at ... I might be able to help you and I don't have any affiliation with them.

  13. #20
    GA Mafia Imperial 1SG papabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia
    Posts
    13,144
    Thanks
    13,757
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 5,313 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade View Post
    Mistakes happen in any business... How about this send me a bill that you paid highlighting the overages and I'll put my money where my mouth is. I am confident that 95% of items that sell are where they are listed. If not it is because our employee on the ground did not do his job. My email is jdoane@ironplanet.com to send me proof too.
    Now if that's not a man/manager trying to do good business it just don't exist!!

    Almost makes me want to buy something!! (If I had any room for stuff)
    Ignorance can be educated and crazy can be medicated but there is no cure for stupid.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to papabear For This Useful Post:

    4x4 Forever (06-15-2017), dk8019 (06-15-2017), marchplumber (11-02-2016), SCSG-G4 (11-05-2016)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •