• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Engine Hoist Point

Big Spur

I don't see an obvious lift point to take out my engine. Am I missing something or is there an somethibg I need to bolt onto my motor in order to safely lift it? Thanks from a new guy.

FrankUSMC

Yes, You are missing the engine lift bracket that bolts onto the engine. Maybe some one will post what it looks like, or you can find a photo of it in the manual.
I think I have one here on the loose somewhere.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What you should have is this lifting bracket, like Frank described:

x100_1794.jpg

This is what I did with a customer's Jeep that was missing the bracket. Pulled a front and rear head bolt. Hope the head gasket doesn't leak when I put it back together but it's a chance I had to take.

20160710_212923.jpg20160710_220607.jpg

EDIT: B2U added much better pictures while I was looking for these. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks