• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Granite State Iron Cavalry (G.S.I.C)

This is the official thread for G.S.I.C

We are a group of owners based out of NH, our goal is to bring together as many local members of the Green Iron hobby as we can.

We frequently participate in shows, rallies, convoys and parades.

Please check out our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1109235555861554/

I'll be using this thread to coordinate events, please feel free to post questions or event ideas.

-GM

Attachments

Last edited:

Jericho

Sent the F/B page a "friend request on F/B , Didn't know you had organized , Good Job.. North here but no to far NORTH to drive .

Event Announcement.

Friday, July 28 2017 8AM

Epping McDonalds on 125

OUR MAIN EVENT The Weare NH Convoy is happening this year on Friday July 28 2017. Last year's convoy was such a huge success that I have had multiple inquiries and requests to lead it again. Our leg of the convoy will start at the Epping McDonalds on 125. From there we head west on 101 to the Massabesic lake parking area, where we hope to rendezvous with Northboud Massachustes members coming up 93. From there it will proceed north on 93 to 89 west. We are hoping to arrive on the Weare Rally field no later than Noon on Friday. Weather you are planning on coming up for the day or the weekend please consider joining us on this ride of epic porportions! Meetings with individual trucks along the route are possible providing that you are capable of seamlessly entering the convoy without it stopping. Convoy speed is 50mph minimum, both lead and tail trucks will be displaying signage. Please post here or feel free to message me with any questions.

Attachments

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey General, I now have a set of gov issue convoy light for my M923 and hope to have them installed for the rally and convoy. Last year we used your convoy ahead sign on my M105 trailer as I was bringing up the rear. Can do the same this year if you want or go with something different. Probably figure that out at the rally point. Looking forward to this years trip.

Attachments

The Weare NH Convoy is happening this year on Friday July 27th 2018
Our leg of the convoy will start at the Epping McDonalds on NH125. From there we head west on NH101 to the Massabesic lake parking area, where we hope to rendezvous with Northboud Massachustes members coming up I-93. From there it will proceed north on I-93 to I-89 west. We are hoping to arrive on the Weare Rally field no later than Noon on Friday.
Weather you are planning on coming up for the day or the weekend please consider joining us on this awesome ride! Meetings with individual trucks along the route are possible providing that you are capable of seamlessly entering the convoy without it stopping. Convoy speed is 55 mph minimum, both lead and tail trucks will be displaying signage.
Please post here or feel free to message me with any questions.

If you are planning on attending the Convoy you MUST familiarize yourself with the GSIC Convoy Regulations in the post below.

**Please note that this event is for the Convoy ONLY, GSIC is NOT the rally host club. Please visit the MVMVC page for Rally and Camping information here http://mvmvc.org/weare-rally/ **

Attachments

Last edited:
Granite State Iron Cavalry frequently participates and organizes Military Vehicle Convoys; a group of 3 or more MVs travelling together to the same destination. They are a great way of getting together and showing off our rigs and can be a smart and practical way of travelling safely together over long distances. A Convoy trip can be a short run down a side road to a local parade or a long multi-state freeway journey to a large show or swap meet.
In order to participate in any GSIC convoy, the following rules MUST be obeyed. Failure to adhere to these rules can jeopardize the safety of other members and the public and can damage the reputation of GSIC as a whole. Any violation of these rules may result in a halt of the convoy and a verbal warning from the convoy commander. Blatant disregard for some of these rules will result in an immediate ban from the group.
General Rules
1. All vehicles travelling within the convoy will obey the laws of the road including but not limited to; possession of proper licensing to operate your vehicle (where applicable), proper registration and inspection certificates (where applicable), proper use of signal indicators, use of safety restraints for yourself and all passengers (where applicable), observance of all traffic signals, observance of stop and yield signs and observance of minimum/maximum speed limit.
2. Vehicles travelling with the convoy will have their headlights on at all times.
3. Support and civilian vehicles are permitted to follow the last truck in the convoy; however non-military vehicles will not be allowed to compose the main body of the convoy. Exceptions to this rule will be made on a case by case basis.
4. No unregistered or uninsured vehicles will be allowed to travel unassisted in any convoy unless written permission is given by local authority (pertains mainly to tracked or oversized vehicles).
5. All vehicles must have operational turn signals, headlights and horns. Side view mirrors are also required on all vehicles (Exceptions to rule #5 will be addressed on a case by case basis for very old vehicles or non-highway travelling convoys).
6. Trailers or towed implements including artillery must be registered and must have functioning turn/brake lights. Protruding components such as antennas, cargo, ladders, or artillery barrels must be properly flagged or marked in accordance with state regulations.
7. Any vehicle travelling with a load in a bed or on a trailer (such as parts, vendor inventory or another MV) is required to thoroughly check all straps, chains or other restraints prior to departure.
8. All drivers are to operate their vehicles safely and conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. If you are consistently revving your unusually loud engine for no reason, “rolling coal”or operating in an otherwise unsafe or obnoxious manner you will be given a verbal warning. If the behavior persists you may be asked to leave the convoy.
9. Vehicles incapable of maintaining the cruising speed for the convoy will not be permitted to join. Highway convoys generally have a cruising speed of 50 MPH with an occasional 55 MPH speed depending on the type and number of vehicles in attendance. Off highway convoys will usually have a cruising speed of 35-45 MPH.
10. All operators will be civil and polite to other members of the convoy and all members of the public at large. We operate big trucks; people WILL cut us off and WILL fail to yield. The use of horns and other signaling devices is encouraged to prevent collisions. The use of profanity, obscene gestures and intimidation tactics against said members of the public will not be tolerated.
11. Absolutely no banners, flags, magnets or bumper stickers that are deemed to be political in nature, obscene, offensive or disrespectful to our armed forces are to be displayed on any vehicle travelling within a convoy. If you have such a bumper sticker and do not want to remove it you must cover it temporarily. Failure to do so can result in damage to GSIC’s reputation and a verbal warning. We are not fascists and honor free speech, but as a convoy member you are to reflect the values and purpose of GSIC and the hobby as a whole. Exceptions for acceptable items will be made on a case by case basis.
12. We encourage the display of American, state or armed service flags (including POW) but generally do not like to see them being flown at speed on the highway, they can become quickly damaged and torn and ultimately disrespect the institution they represent. Please check with the convoy commander regarding convoy speed and distance before affixing a flag to your vehicle for the trip.
13. GSIC uses a CONVOY FOLLOWS sign on the lead vehicle and a CONVOY AHEAD sign on the tail vehicle. All vehicles are to stay between these signs at all times unless there is an emergency or you are breaking off to disband from the convoy. Exceptions include chase/support and civilian vehicles.
14. If you intend to rendezvous with a convoy that is underway or enroute to its destination, you MUST inform the convoy commander prior to the main body’s departure so they will know to expect you. Halt rendezvous can be made at break stops or prearranged destinations. If you intend to join a convoy while it is underway you MUST be able to do it safely without the convoy stopping or getting broken up. Large convoys generally will not stop for a single vehicle.
15. If you intend to break away from a convoy at any point, you MUST inform the convoy commander of your breakaway point prior to departure. Failure to do so may result in a convoy halting to check on your condition.
16. Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you, allow regular traffic to pass in and out of the convoy as needed and DO NOT give way to vehicles entering a highway when you have the right-of-way. Moving over into another lane or slowing down to give way to a merging vehicle will make you liable if an accident occurs, only do so if you have no other option.
17. The convoy commander will make every effort to keep the group together and in one piece, but red lights, stop signs and traffic will inevitably lead to separation. If this happens, know that the commander will slow or halt the convoy to allow the tailing vehicles to catch up (unless there is a reasonable distance to the next stopping point). DO NOT operate in an unsafe manner in an attempt to catch up with the rest of the convoy. DO NOT tailgate or intimidate other vehicles into moving over in an effort to put the convoy back together. Make sure you have a map of the route in your possession as well as the contact information for the convoy commander should a non-emergency separation occur.
18. Vehicles attending highway convoys with a round trip distance of at least 100 miles are REQUIRED to carry the following; a FULL SIZED spare tire, a lug wrench or socket, a basic set of tools for performing minor repairs and a cell phone or other communication device. All convoy members are also ENCOURAGED to carry; a fire extinguisher, road flares or reflective triangles, spare fluids, extra fuel (jerry can) and a printed map of the convoy route (usually provided by the convoy commander).
19. Know that GSIC and its members are under NO obligation to assist you mechanically or financially should you have a breakdown. It is up to the operator of the vehicle to ensure that proper preventative maintenance has been performed and that you are equipped with the necessary tools, spares, and fluids required to perform a field repair. You are solely responsible for any transportation, towing or repair fees incurred as a result of a breakdown while participating in a convoy. Having said that, large long-distance convoys generally contain several members who are very well equipped and may be willing to assist you with repairs or transportation if needed. We generally assign a “check truck” that travels towards the rear of the convoy that will stop and assist you however possible should you fall off pace.
20. Know that GSIC is not a club or nonprofit organization. GSIC is a group of like-minded individuals who get together to attend shows and other events. GSIC has NO treasury accounts or membership funds of any kind. By attending or participating in a GSIC convoy, you do so at your own risk of both personal property damage and personal injury. You agree that no liability of any kind can or will be placed upon GSIC. You agree that if any accident should occur between you and another member or motorist that you or your insurance company is solely responsible for resolving such a matter. GSIC does NOT provide ANY members with insurance assistance or legal representation. Furthermore, GSIC is under no obligation to provide members with ANY form of assistance should you be ticketed or cited for a traffic or vehicular violation of ANY kind while participating in a convoy.

BulletHead904

I'm not sure if I can/should post here, just thought I would find a relevant geographical section. I have a large space I am looking to rent, possibly share as a work space, ~3000-10,000 sq ft, 20 ft ceilings, I'm pretty flexible and not looking to rent it for commercial rates and would also barter some work and be pretty reasonable. I'd rather rent it to a forum member than advertise freely. I also have tons of outdoor space available.

Please PM me if interested. Located in Claremont NH.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can/should post here, just thought I would find a relevant geographical section. I have a large space I am looking to rent, possibly share as a work space, ~3000-10,000 sq ft, 20 ft ceilings, I'm pretty flexible and not looking to rent it for commercial rates and would also barter some work and be pretty reasonable. I'd rather rent it to a forum member than advertise freely. I also have tons of outdoor space available.

Please PM me if interested. Located in Claremont NH.
Look us up on Facebook and post the details there, there is not enough activity here anymore and most of our members will not see it. Claremont is pretty far from most of our members but there may be a fringe member in that area who would be interested in the space.

-Steve

BulletHead904

Look us up on Facebook and post the details there, there is not enough activity here anymore and most of our members will not see it. Claremont is pretty far from most of our members but there may be a fringe member in that area who would be interested in the space.

-Steve
Thanks for the advice Steve, I dont do Facebook. I guess im SOL. ha.
I can't see the page without logging in. I thought Facebook pages are public.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the advice Steve, I dont do Facebook. I guess im SOL. ha.
I can't see the page without logging in. I thought Facebook pages are public.
Not all. The users/owners can determine if the Facebook page is available to the public, facebook users, friends of members, or members only.

Ironbrothers

Hey guys I am in NH, but am blocked off of Facebook. I'd like to get more info and connect with more NH MV guys. I've taken my truck in many patriotic convoys the last couple years. I am an amature on this forum, I hope to hear from someone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks