• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Structurally Important is Hat Channel on the Fenders?

Bravo2Uniform

As my old Platoon Sergeant was wont to say, "Ain't nothin' ever easy."

I am replacing the front fender on my '53 M38A1. As you can see, the replacement fender's hat channel stops well short of the frame and is not located in the same position.

Question: is this hat channel difference substantial? I plan on using the M38A1 on our farm in lieu of a John Deere Gator, so it will be getting some use. Should I leave as it is or fabricate an extension and weld onto the frame?

Hat channel on fender.jpg

Saberr

Personaly, mine doesn't have the braces. Its just the bolts to the body and bolts to the front grill. Mine is the 64, so the grill is mounted by the center bolts as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks