• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do with an m656

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bjorn! Shocked the crap out of me when this thing landed in my lap. Would NEVER have thought I'd own one. LOL!

Agreed on the box. I figure it will make a great platform for a camper to slide in to.

As for the tires, I'm kind of glad they aren't original. The XML's are a little easier to come by. ;-)

Cheers!
The original bed is made of aluminum and weighs a lot less than the steel box you now have installed. When building and adding to the truck, you need to consider weight IMHO.

kalsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey cranetruck, been awhile since I've been on. I totally agree with you. I think I am going to sell the steel cargo bed with hoops and canvas then see about options for camperizing the unit. That'll shave a lot of weight off overall. Sure wish i could find the non-existent van for these things. Oh well. :)

kalsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings! Had to set my 8x8 project aside since last summer. Finally having some time to get back to it. Question for the others who'd know, are the brakes on the m656 full air or air over hydraulic?

May be a dumb qurstion, but i haven't found anywhere that tells me and i am not near my truck or manuals at the moment.

Thanks for the help. :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

kalsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone?
Greetings! Had to set my 8x8 project aside since last summer. Finally having some time to get back to it. Question for the others who'd know, are the brakes on the m656 full air or air over hydraulic?

May be a dumb qurstion, but i haven't found anywhere that tells me and i am not near my truck or manuals at the moment.

Thanks for the help. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks