• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any advice for First trip?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wear a kidney belt. That empty tractor is going to bounce alot, reduce the pressure in the tires to keep it from bouncing.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My bad, I thought I read "M931A2" (There is a nice one for sale in WV) your cargo truck will still bounce a bit. Keep the steer tires up to pressure and reduce the rear axle tire about 10 psi. unless you have some weight in the bed. Credit card with good limit just in case. Hearing protection.
Have fun post pics.

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

Plan your route and see what members live along that route just so you know who's around in case you need help. You should be fine but just in case...

Shark Bait

Have someone follow you with a chase vehicle in case you need to run for something if a failure occurs. Even if you fly in, bring a friend and rent a fuel easy car. Take lots of pics and post em here.

dave

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan for a southern route if possible. Phoenix to I-10, picking up I-20 in west Texas, past Dallas-Ft. Worth on the south side, over big muddy in Vicksburg then up through Birmingham and Atlanta on I-20 to Florence, SC, where you will pick up I-95 to southern Virginia, where I'm sure you can find your way home. Lots of members along the route in case Murphy catches up with you. This route avoids a lot of steep mountain roads (think downshifting) and is generally in better shape than more northerly routes. It's the way I came home from Phoenix two years ago (I live 500 yards off I-20).

lindsey97

Located in OK, and off work right now. So if you need assistance, we have trucks, tow bars, parts, and all needed tools to get you back up and running.

Lindsey 405-207-7490

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After you get all your information and get everything put together in your kit and have a full set up TMs under you arm and all the hassle of pickup is done dont forget another important factor in your recovery!!! Have fun and relax, if you have problems you will figure them out and they will get fixed and you will get your truck home! Any of the 939 series trucks are great to drive relax and enjoy the day!!!!
I ALWAYS used to forget this very important to making a successful recovery!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks