• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to borrow an 87-89 USAF dual circuit master cyl. mount temporarily

MidKnightBomber

I need to crawl under the truck and figure out if there is any good reason for that strange undercut business on the casting in the area you opened up (where the brake pedal attaches). If you look at the pictures in post 1 below where someone modified an M35A3 master cylinder bracket to work on a m35a2, it looks like it should be fine to open up that area like you did on the model.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...brake-system&p=1395495&viewfull=1#post1395495
Additionally, that funky undercut area has a strange “notch” that from all the pictures we combed through seemed to serve no purpose. The highlighted surface in this pic seemed to be the only surface that seemed to be sacred in that area. So we kept this surface in the modified view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russojap

So as mentioned before, has anybody contacted the original manufacturers yet? It might be a good idea to have a number to give them of committed buyers so they how many they would be able to sell immediately. I'm on a Russian watch forum and they do this all the time for special project watches, usually the minimum required number is 100 or so, but the more that are ordered the lower the price.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/wus-russian-forum-project-2016-rebooted-3459737.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/kirovskie-k-43-watch-ru-limited-edition-project-3656730.html

IMG_20180707_175555.jpgIMG_20180709_162655.jpgP1030581 (1).jpg

An original Kirovskie K-43 below

11770914 (1).jpgs-l500 (1).jpgKIROVSKIE Commander. 1st State W.F. Type 1, K-43, Q.2-1937. c.jpgservicemen's watches (2).jpg

Last edited:

peashooter

I think the info may be spread out on several threads but there have been many attempts at getting these from the mfg, although you are welcome to try. I think you will find most of us steelsoldiers to be quite frugal. There have been many group buys or attempts that I’ve followed and they either don’t pan out or it’s a ridiculous amount of work for the organizer. I remember one of the last projects like this where lots of us (including myself) said if only someone would make a new transmission input shaft housing with a seal, then we would buy them. Well someone finally did, and made them quite affordable for the effort involved.... it took over a month for the first batch of 4 to sell and I don’t think he ever made more.
On the other hand, even if we find some Chinese company to reproduce these in a casting like the original, I don’t think I would trust them. I’ve had cast brackets break and wouldn’t want that happening on this critical piece. The original was a ductile iron casting which is excellent. Finding an affordable source for that would be a real challenge. My opinion is that the best case scenario for this project is that someone develops a nice laser cut weldment and is able to sell them for <$500/ea. It would surprise me if it could be done well for much less (while still providing enough profit for the fabricator to make it worth the effort).

russojap

I'm extremely cheap myself, thats one reason why I drive a 1999 Camry with over 305 K miles. However I would gladly pay $500 for something that would prevent my truck from potentially crashing into something, or running down a mountain, etc. I might be less concerned about a brake failure if I lived somewhere that is flat as a pancake, but around here you can't go anywhere without going up and down hills.

A deuce seems like it should be a fairly safe vehicle to drive because of its size and weight, but unfortunately it seems like the biggest danger from driving one comes from the truck itself.

Last edited:

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pardon my ignorance since I’m an apple user throughout my house. Is there a program that you use to open up the cad file that reveals what all of the measurements and dimensions are on the piece?

peashooter

I'm extremely cheap myself, thats one reason why I drive a 1999 Camry with over 305 K miles. However I would gladly pay $500 for something that would prevent my truck from potentially crashing into something, or running down a mountain, etc. I might be less concerned about a brake failure if I lived somewhere that is flat as a pancake, but around here you can't go anywhere without going up and down hills.

A deuce seems like it should be a fairly safe vehicle to drive because of its size and weight, but unfortunately it seems like the biggest danger from driving one comes from the truck itself.
If nothing else pans out, the company I work for has ordered a $500,000 3D metal printer that I'll be responsible for (and it wont be busy for the first few months so I'm sure I could make some on it for the just the cost of the materials). I'd just need to figure out what material would be safest to use, and even then it would be sold "for off road use only".

russojap

If nothing else pans out, the company I work for has ordered a $500,000 3D metal printer that I'll be responsible for (and it wont be busy for the first few months so I'm sure I could make some on it for the just the cost of the materials). I'd just need to figure out what material would be safest to use, and even then it would be sold "for off road use only".
Please put me on the list for one, thank you.

Ajax MD

If this is compatible with the M809 series trucks, I would also contribute to the purchase order to help meet the minimum.

peashooter

Does anybody know the answer to my question above? Just trying to get some specs on it. Thank you
There are several programs out there that should be free and can open it. The only one I’ve ever played with is edrawings. You can download a free copy of that and open the model saved as an edrawing. You can pull dimensions off of that.

rustystud

interesting. I wonder how the pedal linkage works for this, or what it looks like.
Our Air-Force deuces have a better system with the two air-packs. You can loose a whole system and still have brakes. The only advantage of his system is the hydraulic pressure assist, but ours still reaches over 800 PSI with the air system. You don't want or need anything more then that unless you want your seals to leak. Now if he has front calipers then that hydraulic assist would come in handy since calipers can use up to 2000 PSI . Normally they never go over 1200 PSI though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks