• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to borrow an 87-89 USAF dual circuit master cyl. mount temporarily

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Still looking for someone with a bracket that's in a parts truck that I can borrow. Only need it for awhile, it will be returned to you blasted and in primer, ready for paint and re-installation. I will paint it for you if you want.

It's a lot of work to get one of these out-the clutch pedal, brake pedal, brake lines, etc. all have to come out. So if anyone has a truck they're parting out or has bought one of these setups and hasn't installed it in their truck yet, that would be ideal.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
bump

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
bump

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Still looking for someone with a bracket that's in a parts truck that I can borrow. Only need it for awhile, it will be returned to you blasted and in primer, ready for paint and re-installation. I will paint it for you if you want.

It's a lot of work to get one of these out-the clutch pedal, brake pedal, brake lines, etc. all have to come out. So if anyone has a truck they're parting out or has bought one of these setups and hasn't installed it in their truck yet, that would be ideal.
So I have to apologize, I haven't looked at the thread till now. Is this bracket the same as an A2? I know they used 2 A2 trucks to make an A3 which is why I ask. I have access to an A2 parts truck I could grab one off of, but if the bracket is different on an A3, there is no need. Feel free to text me.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I have to apologize, I haven't looked at the thread till now. Is this bracket the same as an A2? I know they used 2 A2 trucks to make an A3 which is why I ask. I have access to an A2 parts truck I could grab one off of, but if the bracket is different on an A3, there is no need. Feel free to text me.
Sadly, the A3 bracket is waaaay different. So much so that one person on SS who used one to convert an A2 to dual circuit had to drill a new hole in his frame for the clutch pedal shaft to exit.

The A3 bracket also does not have the provision for the PTO shifter. On the standard A2, the PTO shifter pivots on that U-shaped bracket that bolts to the master cylinder. On the 1987-1989 dual circuit trucks, an ear is cast into the bracket the shifter bolts directly to it. The M44A3 does not have this provision.

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's also sad that your still searching for a bracket. Would of thought somebody on here would of volunteered you one by now.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's also sad that your still searching for a bracket. Would of thought somebody on here would of volunteered you one by now.
Well, I understand completely-it's a he...ck of a lot of work to remove it, especially if the vehicle is functioning.

I had hoped to find someone who had a truck that was taken apart, being parted out, etc., so as to inconvenience them and me as little as possible.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
bump

DavidWymore

Also, I have a wrecking yard with a few deuces not far from me but never checked for dual circuits.

LMK If I can help. Machine and welding shop, 3D CAD, waterjets...

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Also, I have a wrecking yard with a few deuces not far from me but never checked for dual circuits.

LMK If I can help. Machine and welding shop, 3D CAD, waterjets...
THanks. Appreciate the offer.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
bump

zanther

How's this going? I just blew FL3 brake line yesterday so my trucks down for the count for at least a week while parts ship to me to replace the entire frame line run.

That being said, I might be able to get time to pull mine off on Weds but will need it back pretty quickly. How long are you wanting to borrow?

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How's this going? I just blew FL3 brake line yesterday so my trucks down for the count for at least a week while parts ship to me to replace the entire frame line run.

That being said, I might be able to get time to pull mine off on Weds but will need it back pretty quickly. How long are you wanting to borrow?
Not long. All we need to do is scan it. So send it to me, I'll media blast, prime and paint it and send it to my scanner and then we'll ship it back to you. Maybe 30 days?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks