• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well Shes getting naked! Camper Part Deaux!

profo

Started on Camper part 2 decided on crawl through not enough room for walk through Cab version and relocating spare/aircleaner assembly going well got about a week into it so far, will post as I go!IMG_1794.jpgIMG_1795.jpgIMG_1801.jpg

Will be lil brother of M927 5 ton Camper for son to have when we go camping! High speed gears are in , transmission fixed, And I am impressed with the acceleration, this things goes, so far I have moved things around and Intake tubing came out better than expected passes directly behind engine giving a lot of room to enter cab , will have to use a m900 series air filter canister and place it in front of battery box along frame rails and spare will be mounted on camper section on a winch rail system. Adding 2 feet to rear frame and extending hitch and also a 2" receiver hitch area for common hitch stuff. After calculating weights of material been used I will be at 4200 lbs with appliances so may have to add air bags.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can prob get rid of the air hyd pump and put an electric one in its place. An air actuated switch off the air feed to the pump can be used to activate a relay that kicks on the pump.

profo

I already remounted it it is next to the manual pump where the HYDRALIC suspension cylinder was! It's hard to see cause I am also painting the entire frame black as I go, and I am going to mount a electric/ HYDRALIC pump also cause I need hydralics to work the tailgate on my trailer and also to make the HYDRALIC lift motor for spare that will mounted on rear of camper.

profo

Got any links or personal knowledge to school us a little on the m923 Air Cleaner set up. Looks exposed to water, splash up etc.
It is waterproof the inlet stack is not done yet because that will be mounted on camper it basically is same location as a 5 ton m900 series the pipe has to go on camper or frame section because cab rides on the air bags and moves and tilts!

ramdough

Can you please show how you extended the frame? I am looking at doing a similar build, but starting with a 1088.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profo

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAdded 20" to frame today used frame section off of 5 ton then rubber coated interior and panels and finished painting outside.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks