• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dragging a Halftrack halfway across the country

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The exhaust brake and manual transmission really made the difference.
Our company owns nothing but Cummins duallies, automatics and six speeds and having logged lots of miles in both, I literally can not wrap my head around buying an automatic. The sticks are eleventy billion times more pleasant to drive.

winfred

love my much abused and highly modified dodge dually/cummins, so much so if the deuce ever shells out the multifuel its likely going to get a 12v

drivebymashing

Poor 98G his luck is pretty rough.... I agree mostly on the manual over automatic statement. I have had a few f250's with automatics wow was it nice... I do enjoy my z06 6 speed pretty good it would not be as awesome with an auto.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three more trips completed MN to AZ. Here's some random pics mixed together from the 3 final trips.

These trips were completely uneventful. Oh yeah, except the emissions crap on Redtruck picked the end of trip 2 to decide to clog beyond the ability of a regen to fix. It will no longer be a problem..... deleted, with extreme prejudice.

I'm done. Trailer is posted on Craigslist. If it doesn't sell in Phoenix in the next few days, I'll drag it back and sell it in OK.20170211_154701.jpgdownload_20170126_170654.jpg

Last edited:

71DeuceAK

Food looks yummy! Done dragging stuff around for awhile? On a side note, thanks for looking over the listing for that M927A2 I bid on, before I bid. I didn't win but the thought was very much appreciated!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking halftrack. If I sell my private jet I can probably afford one.:)

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine had a polydactyl (AKA Hemingway) cat named Mittens. That was my first introduction to that kind of cat. I'm a big time cat lover. Before meeting Mittens, I never knew they existed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks