• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dragging a Halftrack halfway across the country

Another Ahab

Hemingway would be proud.
It's been like 30 years since Momma and me, and two other couples visited Key West one winter, but I still remember seeing those Hemingway cats all OVER the Island, and not just around the Old Man's house.

I bet Hemingway would have bought himself a half-track, too; if he hadn't been so trigger happy (sad).

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been like 30 years since Momma and me, and two other couples visited Key West one winter, but I still remember seeing those Hemingway cats all OVER the Island, and not just around the Old Man's house.

I bet Hemingway would have bought himself a half-track, too; if he hadn't been so trigger happy (sad).
Brother Ahab, when You and Momma visited Key West and the Hemingway cats, did you stop in at Sloppy Joe's bar?..........a must. It was Hemingway's favorite hang out. :beer:

Another Ahab

Brother Ahab, when You and Momma visited Key West and the Hemingway cats, did you stop in at Sloppy Joe's bar?..........a must. It was Hemingway's favorite hang out. :beer:
Brother, you know! We did the place right; Sloppy Joe's, rollerskating, fishing the Flats for tarpon, and the beach every night for sunset; had ourselves a ball!

PJL

IMG_2586.jpgIMG_2584.jpg
This is the halftrack and command car in Seattle that Paul Allen bought last year. Yeah that Paul Allen, Microsoft, Seahawks owner, etc.

I used to work for the guy that restored it and have driven it in parades back in the late 80's.

Another Ahab

View attachment 668160View attachment 668162
This is the halftrack and command car in Seattle that Paul Allen bought last year. Yeah that Paul Allen, Microsoft, Seahawks owner, etc.

I used to work for the guy that restored it and have driven it in parades back in the late 80's.
Thanks for the pics, PJL; these are great!

What's that on the fender of the the Command Car; maybe a pump of some kind, but why?!

tobyS

Thanks for the pics, PJL; these are great!

What's that on the fender of the the Command Car; maybe a pump of some kind, but why?!
Pressurized air intake? I think I see a filter can and a blower (that must be electric).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks