• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

You have the seat lower by about 2" Is it better ?
Like the idea of a lock box !

How does it sit ? How many miles do you have in the seat ?
Thanks

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
You have the seat lower by about 2" Is it better ?
Like the idea of a lock box !

How does it sit ? How many miles do you have in the seat ?
Thanks
The seat has brackets that come level with the seat bottom. The slider sits on the factory floor mounts and there is a 1" spacer between it and seat brackets.
I used a 3x3x.125 bent angle to make brackets so the Tuffbox would fit in between.
I'll have to redesign the fire extinguisher mount a little to clear the Tuffbox drawer.

1951M1078

Thanks.

Still playing.Will bolt (so the seat can be remover with ease ) the seat to this. But only have about 2" under seat doing it this way.But it works for me.

IMG_5449.jpgIMG_5450.jpgIMG_5451.jpg

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Mine are bolted using the original sliders.
Either remove the 4 bolts to the frame, or the 4 to the sliders. I used carriage bolts in the slider's square holes so very easy either way to pull a seat.

1951M1078

I'm told their out of a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica ?
I didn't pull them,a re-user did. Listing from Ebay.

Seat needs to sit a little off-center (from the mount in the floor ) to fit right.

But they work with some welding.

Last edited:

1951M1078

Got the new sets installed. Good looking seat,we will see how they are after a long trip ?
IMG_5455 - Copy.jpgIMG_5456.jpgIMG_5458 - Copy.jpgIMG_5459.jpgIMG_5460.jpg

Now I have alot of work to do on the cab to fit the new seats. What have I done ?

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Going to build a "Dog" observation platform their. We have four .But underneath each side ,yes.

The storage boxes come up to the engine cover level. If you make a bench across the back that flips up it would be a nice doggie platform. Check out the hinges I bought in my album on the FB group.

1951M1078

Ya,right.

Hoping to do a DIY show and tell this year. We will see?

Just got the pass with camping for one. Their may be others but wanted to get it started.

1951M1078

A littler more done and moved things around a little.

Attachments

coachgeo

looks great. From a biomechanical standpoint..... whom ever follows a similar route...... sit at a chair at a table that will sit about as high as your planned CTIS control panel will be. Put piece of paper on table X distance away from you about where your control panel will most likely have to sit. Ok now naturally place your hand on that spot as if you were grabbing the type of air metering valve you will use. Mark the paper.... that is where your valve should go on the control pannel. Put various color dots or shapes all over the paper. Don't make any more flashy or eye catching than another.... or just write numbers or letters randomly in various places for same purpose. With hand sitting where you detected valve should be in above step.... Glance that direction off and on rapidly as if you were driving and occasionally watching/checking your air gauge. Your eye will start to catch one of the marks you made on the paper as its favorite spot to glance. That is where your air gauge goes. Now... keeping in mind where the air valve sits...... drop your hand on the paper several times as if you were managing two buttons/toggles... don't look close...... just let the hand reach and fiddle invisible button/toggles. Do same thing while glancing over at where you decided air gauge goes too...so you don't block the gauge you will be reading with your arm or hand.. If not blocking that view.. where your fingers naturally fall and fiddle for these invisible toggles.... that is where your Toggle/buttons go.

Granted..... this won't end up with a symmetrical "looking" control panel..... but it will be more natural and comfortable "to use" on the fly.... if the asymmetrical look of it will drive you nuts then ignore all the above and just build it all in nice organized visual pattern. If the asymmetrical does not bother you.... then go for it that way.

Either Way... take your prefered marks and transpose them to your control panel... build it..... and post up your creation

PS........ consider the air guage on the dash. that way you can keep eyes closer to windshield view looking out onto trail and just finger your valve, toggle/buttons with less needing to look away.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks