• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the Chinese manufacturers, but I believe Eberspacher and Webasto suggest mounting the fuel metering pump vertically to expel the air and maintain pump lubrication. Keep us posted on how the heater operates in the cold!

1951M1078

The pump outlet needs to be a little higher than the inlet. This helps with getting air out of the system.
Also the inlet line needs to be primed first before start up.

Their is alot of info in the video. Great info !

coachgeo

Here is the unit apart.

View attachment 779874View attachment 779875View attachment 779876View attachment 779877

The shock mounts to the plate with the 4 holes. The top of the shock mounts to the steel part of the bag with a pin and their are Orings on the pin.
The bag has a Oring at the bottom to seal it to the botton of the shock housing.

I would say all OEM air bags will need upper shock bushings. Their mostly dust. And the bags are very dry after 25 years.
how does the shock mount to the bottom plate with 4 holes? If recall right someone posted a pic of a thick-ish ring of rubber that was falling apart from inside their shock. Is there a ring of rubber in the bottom cup or inside the cap at top of the sleeve orrr?

Reworked LMTV

Yes, there is a rubber ring on the outside at the base of the shock, if that is what you mean. I bought a generic polyurethane suspension part to replace it, but have not done so yet.

1951M1078

Did some work today. Cut out a driver side door skin an installed it. Now need to build a arm rest and drink holder. I just traced the passenger door shin.Will cover and add some padding later . But need to come up with a color ? And I think I have come up with how I'm going to do the A/C. Plan is to mount it over the old gunners seat ( the one I burned up )and run the two center out lets to the overhead console and port it out the sides for right and left.Condenser will mount to the top roof rack at the back or maybe on the box ? Compressor will need a bracket but need to work on where ? I went this way because the OEM stuff is too expensive. Think 32,000 btu's will be ok.
s-l500.jpg
IMG_6921.JPG

coachgeo

Did some work today. Cut out a driver side door skin an installed it. Now need to build a arm rest and drink holder. I just traced the passenger door shin.Will cover and add some padding later . But need to come up with a color ? And I think I have come up with how I'm going to do the A/C. Plan is to mount it over the old gunners seat ( the one I burned up )and run the two center out lets to the overhead console and port it out the sides for right and left.Condenser will mount to the top roof rack at the back or maybe on the box ? Compressor will need a bracket but need to work on where ? I went this way because the OEM stuff is too expensive. Think 32,000 btu's will be ok.
View attachment 792938
if you can sell the ac vent system that came with it and get two smaller vent boxes.... or cut it in half and put on dog house ;each facing a seat.... then you'll freeze out the pilot co/pilot just fine. Or instead do similar and install half of it inside the OEM heater. box using .. or just above it? to face pilot seats... and a second on back wall for passengers.... (granted I know nothing about how these works so cutting vent system in half may be a laughable idiotic thing to say)

but yeah. 32000btu sounds about right. esp. if you insulate and can aim it more directly at people even better. IMHO less costly to cool the people than the whole cab interior. The huge btu is NOT so much needed once people are comfortable unless your in hot hot sunny climate..... the high BTU is mostly needed to cool the hot cab whose interior was solar cooking thru the glass..... to a comfortable level quickly; when you first get going. The more you do to prevent solar cooking cab interior as it sits from the onset (solar powered vent system for example) the less btu needed to cool the cab at start up. In sunny hot climate driving you will still get some solar cooking effect so then the higher btu's help out still of course.. but so does more direct cooling the occupants than the whole interiror

Last edited:

1951M1078

Looks like I will get more time to work on the truck. Expo has been moved to July 24-26. Maybe I wont need the heater ? LOL

So I started on the cab A/C. Got a universal kit and I'm working on install it. Making a frame for it to hang from the roof. But still need to get a compressor hanger a pulley and build a roof rack for the condenser. Just !
I didn't go with the military stuff,too many $$$$. A little more work but the labor is free.

IMG_0002.JPG

May use 4 out lets instead of just 2 ?

coachgeo

Yes, there is a rubber ring on the outside at the base of the shock, if that is what you mean. I bought a generic polyurethane suspension part to replace it, but have not done so yet.
I know this is old.... not sure how missed it before..... but can you update on this generic part you used

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks