• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Well it was my turn. Its a 1996 M1078 with 17,915 miles. Will have 8k into it with shipping. Good ?Bad ? but its mine. LOL

I need a drivers side lower door hinge .Anybody have one ?

Randy

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! If it's a runner then 8k with shipping is a smoking deal. Even if it's not a runner but easily fixed then it's still a good deal. Of course we can't pass any real judgement until we see some PICS!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get it home, dry it out (check for corrosion on the breaker panel), and start the diagnosis. Without some more info it's hard to say what the parking brake issue is but should be a simple fix if the Service Brakes are working.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mirrors are on sportsman guide for 13 each. Not exactly LMTV but off a mrap. Close enough.
I think recksmilparts might have some of the new style. If you prefer the original style I have a set that I'd make you a good deal on. Just the mirror heads, no mounting arms.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks MK.

Its a runner but ?
Bad or poor parking brakes ?
Big hole in the roof. LOL Gun mount.
Needs mirrors updated.
We will see what other things when it gets here ?

Good luck and I am still chasing down problems on my M1088. Wish I never sold my M915 as it never had so much crap too deal with.

1951M1078

So what is first on the list when it gets here ? Ideas ? Going to start with a good cleaning and a look over. But what would be your list ?
Thanks, Randy

1951M1078

Sounds about right.

With my M151 and the twin Browning, I had people ask me to pull over so they could look and take photos. LOL

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what is first on the list when it gets here ? Ideas ? Going to start with a good cleaning and a look over. But what would be your list ?
Thanks, Randy
Change all gear oils in axles and hubs. Change out engine oil and filters plus fuel filters. Check change out coolant. Worry about headlights when you know the truck can even go down the road.

Last edited:

1951M1078

What page are the front check valves on. I found one,but ?

And is their a place I can take the Military numbered parts to over the counter ?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are any of the check valves leaking. Most of the simple check valves can be taken apart and cleaned as they are just springs and rubber over metal seats. Simple and easy to check. Your front hubs and the condition of your gear oils are to me more important to check I would think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks