• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 snow plow install

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you show more detail on those diagonal braces?

I'd like to see how you made the ends.
I cut the ends off the links that came with the snow plowIMG_3086.jpgthey are just a cast tab and ball. I don't know what they are called but I'd love to find a source for them. You can weld them at about any angle or offset you want, fortunately for strength I was able to keep my quite straight.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'd like to find some big ends with some poly bushings in them that I could run back and attach to the front axle.

Jakelc15

I wouldn't attach anything to the front axle. Too much movement. The axle shouldn't have anything pushing against the front of it. The push frames that go to the axle, go under it and push up, pivoting on pins on the front bumper. Maybe another brace to the frame toward the rear

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't attach anything to the front axle. Too much movement. The axle shouldn't have anything pushing against the front of it. The push frames that go to the axle, go under it and push up, pivoting on pins on the front bumper. Maybe another brace to the frame toward the rear
The springs have very minimal arch and the shackles are in the rear, my links would be the same length and angle as the front half of the spring, with pivots with bushings to allow for the slight amount of horizontal movement.
Just thinking to counter the amount the front axle pushes and to help eliminate the chances of cracking the frame horns under the core support.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meyers plows used a plow attachment that uses the front axle as the push point. Very common in the 2 ton truck useage.

No bushings either, just pins.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meyers plows used a plow attachment that uses the front axle as the push point. Very common in the 2 ton truck useage.

No bushings either, just pins.
Perfect, thanks for the info.
I was pretty sure I've seen it done before, just haven't been able to find an pictures. IMG_3087.jpg I was wondering about this one, believe it was for sale by a dealer of surplus in the Eastern part of the Country ;),would love to see some pictures of that rear mount point.

BEASTMASTER

good job . I plowed with my 5 ton for 12 yrs for the town, they loved it. had all ndcc's and no weight in it, never had any trouble pushing.. turning a corner was another story and a scary one.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
good job . I plowed with my 5 ton for 12 yrs for the town, they loved it. had all ndcc's and no weight in it, never had any trouble pushing.. turning a corner was another story and a scary one.
Any chance you have some picture laying around, especially of the mounting?

sweetk30

I know it is what it is . . . .

but I HATE a plow hanging soooooo far off the front end .

keep them up / in / tighter so there is less leverage on the frame and ends .

my 1ton k30 chevys I have I run old school fishers . I think there up/in the most of the 3 brands . and when plow off truck the truck side is the most ground clearance .

looks good sofar . my only concern is the square tube clip in parts . make sure there real thick wall or make re-enforcement sections and weld them on . the pushing pressure can split that tube.

and as said best NOT to push with the front axle . its a bit of extra work the u-bolts / center pins / leaf eye bolts were not ment to take . make a reverse of the front braces to the rear . triangulated is the key .

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No sorry, been sick and a few other projects got bumped ahead. Hopefully get back at it this weekend.

tobyS

Have you solved the hydraulics? The winch uses a lot of flow and your plow will use very little, so sizing should be right.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have the issues that doghead was concerned with worked out in my head. Winch should work fine, for the mean time.

71DeuceAK

OK, stupid newbie question of the day, but could the plow be raised/lowered and the winch used at the same time, simultaneously? As in winching oneself out of a "whoops" situation while also raising the plow?

tobyS

OK, stupid newbie question of the day, but could the plow be raised/lowered and the winch used at the same time, simultaneously? As in winching oneself out of a "whoops" situation while also raising the plow?
Isn't the plow in the way, unless you could go under it with the cable?

A three circuit manual valve would be able to give some fluid to two, and possibly a third if you were not winching fast. I forget the flow rates but I think the winch max is about 25 gallons/minute where your plow needs maybe 5-6 to lift and less to turn it.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until I get the hydraulic lift on the truck, I will be using the winch to physically raise the plow. I should be able to chain the plow up and free up the winch. Yes, the plow is in the way so I considered a fairlead on top of the plow or possibly welding a receiver on the plow frame for my snatch block, so I could run the cable under the plow.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks