• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas Tree Recovery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please attach photos, not link them.

aleigh

I've had too many problems posting lots of pictures to the forum before... I understand where you are coming from, though. Link-rot. I'll just not post in the future.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had too many problems posting lots of pictures to the forum before... I understand where you are coming from, though. Link-rot. I'll just not post in the future.
Please don't stop posting on that account. I honestly don't like the attachments thing either. But it's to prevent link-rot like you said. (Even more so I hate it now due to our size)

I'm going to look into some changes once we migrate to see if I can prevent the issue of remote host images vs. uploading.

aleigh

I just want to be respectful. I do try to post 1 or 3 or 5 images as attachments but for trip photos my galleries are often large - 30, 60, 120 images - and posting through the forum deal is cumbersome to the point of impossible. If attaching worked well I would be happy to do it.

NF was baker snoqualmie nf. Stampede pass.

CMPPhil

Hi

Enjoyed the photos, always great to see people out enjoying their MVs.

A compromise on to "post or link" photos, is post the best shot(s) and provide the link for the rest of the story. This seems to work when there are a lot of photos or their file size is large. But whichever keep sharing the photos this one of the things that makes SteelSoldiers one of the best MVs forum reads.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks