• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheelspinner's M1078

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I would get a few of each to have on hand. You can use blade fuses in place of the breakers if need be. You have 12 volt relays switching 24 volt circuits and vice versa. Do you have single digit trans control display or double digit? Double is wtec 2 and single is 3.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheelspinner, the required relays will have terminals showing in the sockets. Sockets with no terminals were not used on your truck.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well..... went to Bragg to recover and the day just didn't work out well. The tires were MUCH worse than I had hoped or been able to see in the pics, broken borrowed tools trying to pull the front driveshaft (my 13mm wrench and socket were both missing) and the wrong bolts in hand to pull the rear axles. It all just added up to just having it hauled. Should be picked up next week. Good news is the truck appears relatively complete and ummolested. The batteries are date stamped one year old. Looks like the inop heater unit was being removed and they just gave up and sent it out for sell.

I did snap snap this picture of the fuse panel, can someone look at their truck in comparison and tell me what I'm missing? I checked the schematic in the cover but it includes options for all trucks, and this is just a plain 1078.

View attachment 660816

Appreciate the help!
Leave the ones that have anything to do with a wrecker empty right from the start.

DanM7890

Nice truck man, and welcome to the club. This club requires many hours spent reading the TM's over and over again, then grabbing a beer, reading the SS boards and staring at the TM's again until it make sense. All in all, the club is a lot of fun.

I'll have to make a trip up there to come check it out and look it over. Hit me up if you need some help.

coachgeo

......I did snap snap this picture of the fuse panel,....
View attachment 660816
Appreciate the help!
It has been said that when they give up working on them and pass them on to be sold...... they tend to leave hints on what issues caused them to give up. That opened up relay may be one of those hints so keep in mind you may have start wiring issues since it was hinted earlier that disassembled relay is in that area of the electronics.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture of mine.

20170105_105414.jpg

It looks like you are missing the 12 volt Hazard Flasher, Ignition, Stoplight and Marker Lamps relays. In 24 volts the Exitation or alternator and Starter relays.

coachgeo

Some people just don't learn efficiently by reading a manual like that, their brain is not wired that way. I'm one; which lead me study to how the brain learns in my past academic quest. For example some folk will learn ton more by exploring other people's (and their own) Snafu's and breakdowns discussed in here. In here even though the responses are reading, they are also a forray into analysis and synthesis of the situation. This brain exercise of analysis and synthesis is where some folks brain really ticks and learns AND RECORDS.

With that in mind... Mucho thanks to those that report up their snafu's and breakdowns.... and to those who discuss them. Your a huge help. Guess you could say..... one man's breakdown is another man's treasure :p

s

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would get a few of each to have on hand. You can use blade fuses in place of the breakers if need be. You have 12 volt relays switching 24 volt circuits and vice versa. Do you have single digit trans control display or double digit? Double is wtec 2 and single is 3.
Not sure, with no power yet. Is there an easy way to tell while static?

Dash Panel.jpg

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yes the neutral start protection is different and the wtec 2 is a bit more forgiving than the 3. You have the wtec2 the trans computer is behind the keypad and there is a vim module behind the passenger kick panel with trans related relays.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Charged up the two low batteries. Added 6 missing relays in. Hit the button and fired right up. I don't even think it turned a full revolution. Everything seems to be working well, except when I release the parking brake, it's blowing air out of the emergency front glad hand and the service side front glad hand when I put the service brakes on. I'll have to dig into the air schematics to figure that one out. Other than that, so far so good.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, when you go well prepared, you should get success!

And it's nice to have good support.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks