• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheelspinner's M1078

no i do not have that TM, I am so new to this as my M1079 is my first truck like this, I am learning like a sponge from all of you pros, my truck is coming along nicely for sure, getting all kinds of things lined out.

Is a NSN short for part number? Sorry such a stupid ? Again I am green , :(

Seth

Do you have the parts TM (-34P)? I don't have the numbers with me, but all of the NSNs are in there. A quick McGoogle search will cross reference any NSN

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have found the parts tm sometimes has older or discontinued part numbers. At the end of the parts tm there is part number to nsn lists. You can search the nsn I usually use parttarget or webflis and come up with alternative part number and it will show if its a canceled nsn, and if so then it will usually show the new nsn.
Will

thanks superman :) bookmarking this now, got to learn all this stuff so I stop bugging you so much :)
Thanks so much, our truck is turning into a gem because of all of you :)

Seth

I have found the parts tm sometimes has older or discontinued part numbers. At the end of the parts tm there is part number to nsn lists. You can search the nsn I usually use parttarget or webflis and come up with alternative part number and it will show if its a canceled nsn, and if so then it will usually show the new nsn.
Will

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ha, I had a offer in on them, they had 4 yesterday, you got my 3 , LOL, I should not have waited to buy them, congrats :)
Sorry about that Seth. They weren't even on my radar until this thread kept popping up. If you need them to get your truck running I can forward them along.

All the TMs are available at the top of the page. I have mine on a flash drive that I can carry with me in the truck. I have a hard copy of the -10 (driver level maintenance) in the cab but it'd be tough carrying the entire library.

no worries, glad they went to a good home, I am looking for the rebuild kits right now, think I found them. I just found the TM i need also, thanks so much :)

Seth

Sorry about that Seth. They weren't even on my radar until this thread kept popping up. If you need them to get your truck running I can forward them along.

All the TMs are available at the top of the page. I have mine on a flash drive that I can carry with me in the truck. I have a hard copy of the -10 (driver level maintenance) in the cab but it'd be tough carrying the entire library.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like I have a dead injector. I just don't have time to mess with it. Took it down to Jim Henry's. If it turns out to be more than that, it may become a part-out. Or.......maybe an 8.3 repower....hmmmmmm

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1453.jpg

This is what an injector that has probably seen water get past the fuel filter looks like. It's always had a miss, so I know this happened before me, but shows how important the water / fuel separator is. Running MUCH better now.

Need to adjust the throttle / tranny interface to get the shift points more predictable.

Happy to have it back.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put the truck on the road yesterday. Also put in a rebuilt air/Hydraulics pump. Nice to actually have that working. Also bought the paint to start getting him painted the RIGHT colors.

Was nice to take a good long ride in it.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got the truck back today complete with the standard 290 hp tune and the correct turbo for the 290 version. WOW!!!
Still waiting in the gear change so it doesn't go any faster, but MAN does it get there quick! Climbing hills in 7th with no struggle was SO worth it.

While we were there wheel's wife got to cross one off her bucket list and learned to drive a CAT 725. Yeah she was happy too !

IMG_1661.jpgIMG_1675.jpg

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got back from a quick cannonball run to FL scoring these:
IMG_1711.jpgIMG_1712.jpg
A complete new/old takeout with the 3:07 high speed gears and a brand new chunk for the rear including a locker. 27 hrs including 4 hours of naps will be sooooo worth it !

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the dash out for some housekeeping, and found this. If you look close can even see where they chewed some insulation. Had to wait to get it all apart and fixed with travel and impending rains coming.

IMG_1834.jpg

Sure do hate rodents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks